The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Vent Thread v2.0

Old 01-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cooking warm weather! My allergies kicked in today. Did we really skip winter this year? The first year I've ever bought winter tires and experts predictin Chicago will be getting the worst winter in recent memory. f@#k you cold temps that are just cold enough to make you miserable but not cold enough to allow snow days.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ruexp67
Originally Posted by sam_spider' timestamp='1327943603' post='21365852
[quote name='ruexp67' timestamp='1327941373' post='21365701']
Man the CO-ishness has gone to crap here. It was WAY better 3-4 years ago.
You should buy another one then.

Even if I had another one, I don't think I have time to CO like I used to.
Plus, I can't afford one for a while. I am accepting donations in the form of 06-07 low-mile Leguna Blue S2000's.
[/quote]
Too bad mine's not low-mile anymore.

They brought stars back, but I can barely fawkin' see mine.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:21 PM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Unbelievable weather today. On the way home, saw a guy out on his Hyabusa. Riding jacket, check. Riding pants, check. Riding gloves, check. Riding boots, check. Helmet,.... nah, eff that, I ride no helmet. If I get in an accident I don't want to protect my brain, just the organs that will allow me to be a vegetable on life support.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

So the job I applied for in November is still open. They have rewritten the job description. The hiring manager wanted to hire me, but I think his boss said no (but I have no idea why.) She was told she will be laid off in 2 mos. so I am trying to reapply for the job. Unfortunatly, the idiot HR rep isn't helping. I emailed him today, and he isn't really "representing" me to the hiring manager. If I were an external candidate, I would have NO WAY to follow up on this. It's a complete joke how f'ed up the HR is at this place. Just gimme a focking job already!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by eiwoh316
Unbelievable weather today. On the way home, saw a guy out on his Hyabusa. Riding jacket, check. Riding pants, check. Riding gloves, check. Riding boots, check. Helmet,.... nah, eff that, I ride no helmet. If I get in an accident I don't want to protect my brain, just the organs that will allow me to be a vegetable on life support.
That's just crazy, granted I've never ridden a bike, but there's no way I'd go without a helmet.

This weather is frustrating, I'm really tempted to get the S out.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Originally Posted by eiwoh316' timestamp='1328138484' post='21374928
That's just crazy, granted I've never ridden a bike, but there's no way I'd go without a helmet.

This weather is frustrating, I'm really tempted to get the S out.
Do it!!

I've only ridden a motorcycle twice without a helmet, but both times were short around-the-block-to-warm-it-up situations where I didn't have my helmet with me. Even then, I was hesitant.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

So the job I applied for in November is still open. They have rewritten the job description. The hiring manager wanted to hire me, but I think his boss said no (but I have no idea why.) She was told she will be laid off in 2 mos. so I am trying to reapply for the job. Unfortunatly, the idiot HR rep isn't helping. I emailed him today, and he isn't really "representing" me to the hiring manager. If I were an external candidate, I would have NO WAY to follow up on this. It's a complete joke how f'ed up the HR is at this place. Just gimme a focking job already!
So the hiring manager is telling me that the Sr. Director doesn't think I'm a good fit for the job. Even though he's NEVER talked to me about anything of substance. I can show 3-5 years of direct experience doing 34 of the 37 requirements on the job description. What the FOCK? How much more of a fit do you really think you're going to find? This is INSANE.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by ruexp67' timestamp='1328148256' post='21375406
So the hiring manager is telling me that the Sr. Director doesn't think I'm a good fit for the job. Even though he's NEVER talked to me about anything of substance. I can show 3-5 years of direct experience doing 34 of the 37 requirements on the job description. What the FOCK? How much more of a fit do you really think you're going to find? This is INSANE.
Good grief.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

All of This week's rediculous happenings and schedule frustrations are slowly being washed away with some fresh yuengling. Can't really complain tonight.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Multiple misfires in the S

Quick Reply: Vent Thread v2.0