The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Guess what I just got in the mail PART II

Old 05-02-2007, 04:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Guess what I just got in the mail PART II

ummmmmmm~

Well, this is sort of an unfortunate hit and run turned into an excuse to buy a new hood. Someone at the parking lot hit my hood with a hitch trail and ran off while I was in the grocery store for 15 minutes!

Anyway, the hood is so hot! I could hear the engine a bit louder, which is... well, I haven't decided if I like that or not yet, but when the turbo goes in, i'm sure it'll be a lot better than NA motor sound.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:44 AM

ok, some review:

Fitment : Superb. Usually you have to loosely tighten the bolts to line the left and right gaps when installing the hood. On seibon hood, all I had to do was just bolt in, test fit, close the hood and it was dead-on.

The side gaps do have a little bow in them, but nothing crazy off. it's just a little bit that normal people would not even notice even looking close at it, but I'm anal.

The front of the hood fit very well, and everything lined up.

When closing the hood, you do have to push it a bit to close it, but I think that's good, since that little spring in the hood keeps the latch closed very tightly. On the highway, the hood never even moved.

Quality: Excellent shipping, was 100% protected, box was beatup, but there were thick foams all around the hood with layers of protective materials. I was very happy about the shipping. It also came in waxed and cleaned which was a plus.

Looks: oh, you know it's hot. I love the look of this hood when driving inside and looking from the outside.

Dealer : Kenny at SoFLAutosports is the man. He got that hood to me so quick, it wasn't even funny. thanks Kenny!

Price: Very good. Kenny hooked me up. But for the price of the hood, it's a very good quality hood. I would charge more if I was selling this thing.

ok, the bad parts:

There are no place to mount the windshield washer fluid line. There are holes for the sprayer, but no holes or anything for the line.

This hood came with the rain blocker to block the vents in-case during the winter or something, but they're all screwed in, about 9 screws per side. pita.

I hate the silver gutter vent grills. They look tacky and cheap. I plan on painting them black.

This hood doesn't have a hole for the hood prop up stick. I haven't messed with it, but I might need to drill a hole or buy some hydralic hood lifters and mount that on the hood. It's pita. I can't imagine why they wouldn't put a hole for the hood prop?

So far so good.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like it! It fits really well. Have you thought about getting a front lip. I think it would tie in the aggressive look of the hood with the front of the car.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:53 AM

Yeh, looking into springs first, then drop it and see how much room I have.

I live in Georgia, everywhere is like 3 ft drop. lol
Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

for springs
Old 05-02-2007, 05:07 AM

Looks good man. BB is the only color that can do CF like that.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:28 AM

BB FTW!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

def need a more aggressive front bumper or lip to go with that hood
Old 05-02-2007, 09:52 AM

I REALLY want a spoon front bumper, but man, at $3,500, I could get a turbo kit for it...

I do wish they made a replica Spoon Front bumper though...
Old 05-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks ricey as hell. lol

j/k

nice now you need the front lip to go with it.

Quick Reply: Guess what I just got in the mail PART II