California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

@$*#*$ Hondacare

Old 09-06-2006, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @$*#*$ Hondacare

Frikken Hondacare.

Two weeks ago I pulled away from a light, slow and easy to avoid a dip, and when I put it in second gear it worked but with a bad grinding noise. I was a few blocks from Gardena Honda, on the way I discovered that 1st and 3rd were fine, just 2nd was bad.

I left voicemails for a week that went unanswered. Finally got ahold of someone yesterday, Hondacare was allegedly just there and took "lots and lots of pictures".

Today Hondacare decided to DECLINE the service. Reasons?

1) I have the modifications of a MUGEN intake and a MUGEN exhaust.
2) Excessive wear on the clutch.

This really aggravates me. #1 is obviously bogus, no intake/exhaust, let alone one from Honda's performance arm, is going to have any impact on a transmission. #2 is just silly, everyone knows that I do NOT drop the clutch. Yes, I drive hard, but I drove my '95 GSR just as hard for 8 years over the exact same terrain and that car never had a single problem, I never even had to change the clutch.

To add insult to injury I have to pay $450 for the inspection they used to decline service.

Can anyone who has been through the wringer with Hondacare offer any advice on getting them to live up to their contract?

Or does anyone advise not wasting any more time with Hondacare, and just learning the lesson that an extended warrantee is equivalent to flushing money down the toilet?

-JD

PS - anyone have a lead on an AP2 transmission?
Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 AM

sorry to hear about your experience with honda care. that $450 inspection fee is bogus if anything.

i got an ap1 with ap2 secondary gear available. im in redondo.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that blows. I read a similar story the other day about a guy who blew his diff and Hondacare refused his claim because of his CAI!!

If you're looking for a tranny, PM tysoncrx. He doesn't have an AP2 tranny, but he's got an AP1 tranny with the AP2 secondary gear reduction. Here's the link... he can explain it 10x better than I can

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=412986
Old 09-06-2006, 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=tysonCRX,Sep 6 2006, 11:21 AM] sorry to hear about your experience with honda care.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

Jeese, I am really sorry to hear about this! considering you live in my town, you are welcome to drive my car around to suppress the vtec addiction!

Hope everything works out for you!

Alex
Old 09-06-2006, 12:14 PM

Sorry JD, they will use any excuse possible to not pay
Old 09-06-2006, 12:25 PM

ask them how I/H/E can cause 2nd gear to fail.. and how a worn clutch can do the same.. bullsh!t
Old 09-06-2006, 12:29 PM

JD, Why don't you contact Matt Piercey(pierceman) to see if he could help....
Old 09-06-2006, 12:43 PM

well.. if i were u.. i should first get a statement from hondacare the reason it's declined y it's not covered. hire a lawyer and neutral 3rd party mechnic. cuz.. engine(intake & exhaust)has nothing to do tranny...

also, look into ur hondacare terms & conditions. what's covered and what's not covered.. if it's a grind gear, mostly likely it won't be covered by the warranty, due to person's drive ability. kinda a like clutch, unless it's manufacter defect.

also, did they take ur tranny out from the vehicle?check the symptom?
Old 09-06-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oatnet,Sep 6 2006, 11:18 AM

......Or does anyone advise not wasting any more time with Hondacare, and just learning the lesson that an extended warrantee is equivalent to flushing money down the toilet?

-JD
I learned a while ago that Hondacare (and every other extended warranty company) is a waste of time. I've seen WAY more people burned/pissed off by them than happy ones. Cash that sucker in and be done with it.

Sorry to hear about the tranny, JD. Best of luck with Honduhcare and the repairs.

-Hockey

Quick Reply: @$*#*$ Hondacare