S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

build/question/advice/accident pics

Old 12-19-2009, 10:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default build/question/advice/accident pics

Ok, so my plan is to be vortech s/cd and K-prod with 400 whp.

I am looking for parts now and will be purchasing in january and will be getting tuned @ T1.

I have an ap1, just had to put a different f20 in 3 months ago as I had a scored 4rg ctlinder, I got the updated banjo bolts installed in this engine as it wouldve prevented the destruction of my old engine.

I am going to buy a vortech kit. I will need a different pulley to reach my hp goals, and I will need larger injectors. I'm thinkin 3.7" pulley and 750cc injectors? Would that be enough to reach my goals?

I want to use a competition stage 2 clutch. It says it has 80% increase in tq handling over stock, I think that's enough? Also, would a slightly more light weight flywheel be good? (10-11 lb)

I don't think i'll have a need for a front mount at the power levels I'm aiming for, but I like the look of it better, even though I'd probably have it painted black.

one concern I have is that I had a leakdown down on the engine before it was installed, and it had almost 10% on 1 or 2 cylinders, when I am doing all the install crap for the kpro, is there something I can fix/replace to "fix" that?

also, I had a hondata IMG gasket installed. Should I remove that? Or leave as is?

I plan to do all the installation crap myself and just have it tuned by a pro. Anything I am missing or any insights, please let me know.

Thanks!

(title updated, going turbo now)
Old 12-19-2009, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clutch is fine.. aftercooler is definately needed.. keep the IMG.. have fun val
Old 12-19-2009, 10:54 PM

for aftercooler, it'd have the vortech one for sure, my question was about the front mount, I'd prefer the looks of the front mount and read that the higher psis don't lose as much due to the extra air traveling
Old 12-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

What about getting like a Spearco front mount radiator for the aftercooler? Looks like a fmic but will work with the aftercooler and no added pressure loss.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:32 AM

^the one i'm looking at comes with a FMAC already, and the stock vortech one

if a front mount isn't needed and won't really help anything (i don't track it or anything), then i probably won't go that route
Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The front mount won't be needed. 750's will work fine for what your looking for.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:49 PM

DFWs2k,

To answer your question on the post that you posted earlier on my thread about the lighter flywheel. I really couldn't tell the difference from the factory one. I installed it since i was going to upgrade my clutch anyways and didn't feel like resurfacing the stock flywheel since it had over 130,000 miles on it.

The SOS Sports Clutch + the competition lightweight flywheel (11lb) felt like stock. The engagement was smooth and it grabs like a mofo. I know that most of the AP2 guys would use the AP1 flywheels when they do their clutch upgrades. AP2 flywheels (24lbs) i think and our AP1 flywheels are (14lbs).

All in all I'm happy with the clutch setup.

PM me if you have any questions with your Vortech setup since I just got mine back 2 days ago and now its a totally different car.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:57 PM

I have read that guys have had issues with stage 2 clutch slipping at that kind of power.. Thats why I went with the sos sport as well, but I am still waiting on getting it installed.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:48 PM

With the parts you listed you should be fine for 400+ remember to get a step colder spark plugs aswell to be safe. Also get the clutch installed before the supercharger.
And most of all. Have fun!

Edit: I almost forgot. Your also gonna need to hook me up with one of those cute girls in your avatar! Haha
Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by RL1924,Dec 20 2009, 06:57 PM
I have read that guys have had issues with stage 2 clutch slipping at that kind of power.. Thats why I went with the sos sport as well, but I am still waiting on getting it installed.
Hmmm...maybe I'll get their Ironman clutch then?

the regular SOS one says this :

"performance:
The ScienceofSpeed Sport Clutch for Honda S2000 is rated at 300 lb/ft at the flywheel (approximately 255 lb/ft wheel torque or 400+ wheel horsepower) - the perfect pair for the majority of supercharger and turbocharger applications. However, the clutch is also equally suited for use on all-stock and otherwise naturally aspirated S2000s. This increased capacity has been achieved by adjusting clamping force of the pressure plate (it is increased 33%) while adjusting the geometry of the diaphragm spring as to not affect the drivability in the clutch. In addition, the disc is produced to cope with the additional capacity of the clutch with a bonded and fastened high strength Kevlar / fiber / organic liner. The disc also offers fully caged damper springs on the front and rear of the disc with high strength fasteners used. "

per: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/dri...d/Sport_Clutch/

i think that's equivalent to the competition clutch one...yall are saying i should step it up to the next stronger clutch?

Quick Reply: build/question/advice/accident pics