Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

**4th Annual Sport/Import/Tuner Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan**

Old 03-19-2013, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default **4th Annual Sport/Import/Tuner Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan**

Event: 4th Annual Vancouver Island Poker Run For Camp Shawnigan
When: August 17th 2013 Weekend - Based on the timing it is possible to attend the Poker Run and dinner on the Saturday only and be back on the mainland that evening.

Meet and greet with dinner and a cruz - Friday 16th evening
Poker Run with banquet dinner at Mt Washington - Saturday 17th all day.
Brunch and cruz back to Victoria - Sunday 18th.

Where: Starts in Victoria at 9:30am and ends at Mt Washington in the beautiful Comox Valley approximately 6:30 with dinner and awards to follow.
What: The Vancouver Island Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan is an annual event put on by the Vancouver Island S2000 owners. The proceeds of this event go to a very worthy cause in Camp Shawnigan, a summer camp for disabled children. Sending a child to this specialty camp cost parents over $2,300 per child. Help me to send as many children as possible to summer camp. Here is a link provided to me by Camp Shawnigan (BC Lions Society Easter Seals) outlining the good work that they do:

http://www.youtube.c...v=oiU3Mz2cVcoMy link

http://www.lionsbc.c...spx?PageID=1019

What is a Poker Run? Since I have been asked I thought I would basically explain a Poker run and how it works.

A Poker run is a rally that doesn't have anything to do with speed. Everyone starts from the same location and either travels as a group or single and heads to a common ending point (in our case Mt Washington Resort in the Comox Valley). Along the route there are checkpoints that each vehicle must get to. You are supplied with a detailed map but none of the locations are hard to find. For those that know the island they can take off as a single or as a group and head whatever way they wish. Those that don't know the island and want to have more of the scenic tour can go with another group that will have some local owners and we will take the ocean routes to the checkpoints.

At each checkpoint will be a deck of cards. Each car selects a card. If you don't like the card you get, you can pre-purchase "mulligan" tickets which allow you to exchange the card at the checkpoint and return the card you first selected. Mulligan tickets are purchased at the start of the event and you can only purchase 3 tickets. Of course you "draw" a card you don't get to see what it is until after you have it in your hand.

Once you get to the finish you should have 7 cards. From those cards you make the best Poker hand you can and submit it to the event people. We have a nice sit down dinner at Mt Washington Resort (last year was Carved Roast Beef and Chicken Cordon Bleu with a great selection of salads and other nice things). During the dinner you are encouraged to purchase tickets for the silent auction items with all proceeds going to Camp Shawnigan. After dinner we award the silent auction items and we then award prize money to the 1st, and 2nd, and 3rd place card hands.

After that we have the bar and the facilities until midnight.

Most of the participants will stay on the Mountain in various accommodations that are available. Participants of the Poker Run do get a special rate on the Mountain. It is also possible to attend the festivities and still make it down to Nanaimo to catch the ferry to the mainland, should staying overnight not be an option. The next day we normally cruise back to Victoria as a group stopping someplace for lunch. This year it is proposed that we may include a further 'sight seeing' tour further up the island, before making our way back.

Any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or fire me an email at dave.donovan@elocas.com

Thanks and I hope you can make it out to this worthwhile event.

Search this forum for Poker Run to find the threads from past Poker Runs.
Search the S2Ki (my home forum) for past Poker Run threads with images. Go to this page and enter "Poker Run" into the search box.
https://www.s2ki.com/...c-s2000-owners/

Registration List

1) ajmichelson (Adam/Rachel) - RevScene (Duncan, BC) [Civic]
2) MyHappyPlace2 (Mike/Brian) S2Ki (Abbotsford, BC) [2001 S2000] - Paid
3) MoS2000 (Mo/Patrice) - S2KCA (Mission, BC) [2009 S2000] - Paid
4) DDonovan (Dave/Ellen) - S2Ki (Victoria, BC) [2007 S2000] - Paid
5) iamkyle (Kyle) - ft86club (Victoria, BC) [2013 FR-S] = Paid
6) myHappyPlace (Peter/Ursula) - S2Ki (Mission, BC) [2001 S2000] - Paid
7) Tubber273 (John/Amy) - MaseratiLife (Nanaimo, BC) [2002 Maserati Spyder] - Paid
8) DC296 (Troy/Bev) - Vancouver Integras (Quesnel, BC) [1996 Honda Integra Type-R] - Paid
9) Z33sideways (Rob/Jessica) - My350z (Victoria, BC) [350z]
10) RileyH (Riley/Sarah) - 3Si (Saskatoon, SK) [Mitsubishi GTO]
11) Daymon Fryer (Damon/Natasha) None (Victoria, BC) [BMW E92 M3] - Paid
12) esstwothousand (Ronnie) - S2Ki (Victoria, BC) [2008 S2000] - Paid
13) Craig Buckingham (Craig) Autociety FB (Victoria, BC) [Celica GTS] - Paid
14) Paris (Paris) - NSX Prime (Comox Valley, BC) [96 NSX-T]
15) ClintCalder (Clint/Rechel) - No None (Comox Valley, BC) [2009 Nissan GTR]
16) jgs300zx (James/Tracey) s2kca (Seattle, Wash) [08 Solstice GXP] - Paid
17) ScottRingrose (Scott/Sandy) S2Ki (Victoria, BC) [Imola S2000] - Paid
18)
Jeremy Bell (Jeremy/Jeet) None (Delta, BC) [Honda Del Sol] - confirmed
19) MSCOTT (Mike/Brenda) S2Ki (Victoria, BC) [Honda S2000] - Paid
20) Kyle O'Neill (Kyle) Honda Members-FB (Abbotsford, BC) [91 Integra] - Paid
21) Steve-O-1797 (Steve) team-integra (Victoria, BC) [95 Integra GS-R] - Paid
22) Shane_Sawatzki (Shane/Cassandra) GTRCanada (Victoria, BC) [R32 Skyline GTR]
23) Hedley Cullen (Headley/Rick/Laura) None (Victoria, BC) [2013 Toyota Tacoma] - confirmed
24) Stephan Hart (Stephan/Mercedes) Rx8Club (Courtenay, BC) [2004 Rx8] - confirmed
25) TonkaTrain (Ben) RS25 (Ladysmith, BC) [Impreza 2.2RS]- Registered - confirmed
26) Venum_13 (Tyler) Autociety FB (Victoria, BC) [2013 GenCoup 20T R-Spec] - Paid
27) Ed Hollander (Ed/Shannyn) None (Coquitlam, BC) [Acura TL Type-S] - Paid
28) 08Evo (Gabriel/Ben/Jodi) Autociety FB (Nanaimo, BC) [2008 Evo MR] - confirmed
29) Taylor Smith (Taylor/Trevor) Autociety FB (Nanaimo, BC) [2007 WRX STi] - confirmed
30) Greg Zaseybida (Greg/Barb) None (Victoria, BC) [2004 Nissan 350z Roadster] - Paid
31) Jordan Porter (Jordan/Ashley) Autociety FB (Nanaimo, BC) [2005 Nissan 350z] - confirmed
32) Jason Lee (Jason/Chris) None (Maple Ridge, BC) [Mazda 3 2.3] - confirmed
33) James Doe (James/Heidi) S2Ki (Victoria, BC) [2005 S2000] - confirmed
34) Tattney Tarr (Tattney/Cort) None (Victoria, BC) [2013 BMW M3] - confirmed
35) Mark Tarr (Mark/Dylan) None (Victoria, BC) [2010 BMW M3] - confirmed
36) Mark Lawrence (Mark/Nancy) S2Ki (Black Creek, BC) [2002 S2000] - confirmed
37) Darryl Sigler (Darryl/Jo-anne) LotusTalk (Mission, BC) [2012 Lotus Evora] - confirmed
38) Evan Gibson (Evan) Autociety FB (Duncan, BC) [C63 AMG or 240sx] - confirmed
39) Josh Thomson (Josh/Lee) S2Ki (Nanaimo, BC) [2003 S2000] - confirmed
40) Alex Richardson (Alex/Nick) Honda Members FB (Victoria, BC) [94 Integra GSR] - Paid
41) Nick Parson (Nick/Olivia) Autociety FB (Nanaimo, BC) [Corvette] - confirmed

Cars = 41
People = 75
Old 03-20-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's early but, do you know the per person costs Dave (for dinner etc)?
Also do you know anything about the rates for staying over night?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 PM

I do..., last year we got special rates of between $89 and $119 depending on what you want for accommodations. I will post on here once I get in contact with the accommodations people. I have just started the planning so at this point I have paid for Mt Washington chalet for the evening and put a down payment on the food. I would think that pricing would be around the same. That said, what I did is went to the Mt Washington web site and checked out the private accommodations link, and I found a whole chalet for $75.00 per night so I would check that out too.

The costs have gone up slightly. Food costs for the most part. I am not completely firm on this yet but I am thinking it is going to be around $125.00 for car and driver and $65.00 for a passenger. That includes the event, some freebies, and dinner up at Mt Washington as well it includes a small donation that goes directly to the charity. Last year prize money was $1,000.00 cash and there were over 40 sponsor donated prizes from a week in Whistler, to golf shirts and hats.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, that gives a good reference anyway. Going to try to make it out to this one since I wasn't able to last year but we'll see as it gets closer to.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 PM

Good stuff. The registration form is up and live now
http://www.importmeet.com/2013-vanco...and-poker-run/
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM

First registration recieved! Thanks Adam.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:45 PM

Another registration recieved from Don in Calgary from Beyond.ca! Thanks Don.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Were up to 7 cars with one Maserati Spyder coming out.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:16 PM

To try and boost participation for the Poker Run this year, I am having some special deals.

1) If you sign up another car, let me know and you only pay 100.00 for your car entry. Currently the cost per car and driver is 125.00 but if you sign up another vehicle, your cost is only 100.00. Both cars must must register and pay.

2) If you bring two cars from the same family or girlfriend/boyfriend, let me know and you get both cars in for 100.00 each. Reason being that you double your chances of winning the cash.

Registrations continue to come in and sponsorship as well. The route, so far is pretty much the same as last year with a few slight changes. All checkpoints have been confirmed as well. Anyone contemplating registering for this event can go ahead and do so. Payment is not required right away and if your not 100% sure that you can make it out, you can still register and there is an option for you to state if you are confirmed attending, or you are tentative. The numbers help me with planning.

This is a lot of fun and an excellent way to see the island as well as a great cause. Hope to see you there!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM

Registration has doubled in one weekend.

Quick Reply: **4th Annual Sport/Import/Tuner Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan**