S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Drivers-side front bumper

Old 04-27-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers-side front bumper

Purchased the car with front bumper like this, has always bugged me. Just wondering if anybody else has had this issue, and if there's anyway I can fix it.

Thanks!

EDIT: To clarify more, the passenger side is perfectly fine. Nothing off/wrong at all. Only the drivers side has this.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 PM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

There are locking pins on the metal bracket under the headlight, you would have to push the bumper in(towards the headlight) and it would lock in. Make sure the metal bracket under the headlight isn't bent, or else it wouldn't sit flush with the headlight.

As for where the bumper meets the fender, there should be a clip on the fender and you would screw the bumper from the bottom towards the fender(in an up direction).
Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Orjinal
There are locking pins on the metal bracket under the headlight, you would have to push the bumper in(towards the headlight) and it would lock in. Make sure the metal bracket under the headlight isn't bent, or else it wouldn't sit flush with the headlight.

As for where the bumper meets the fender, there should be a clip on the fender and you would screw the bumper from the bottom towards the fender(in an up direction).
Got it! Thanks a lot for your help!

Me and my brother are about to look up a DIY and take off the bumper and re-put it back on properly while making sure of the things you mentioned.

Will report back with progress if there is any.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:19 PM

Me and my older brother just got done with the front bumper! It's not completely fixed as you see due to there being bumper issues, but it is significantly better.

Pictures below

Drivers-side front bumper-wygppx9.jpg

Drivers-side front bumper-vjxbain.jpg

Drivers-side front bumper-1rwulw5.jpg

Drivers-side front bumper-44d6nee.jpg

Once again, thank you very very much Orjinal! I really appreciate it and it helped us a lot!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:32 PM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

No problem, glad I helped.

Looks much better!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the fender is not right either.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Ldo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like the corner screw is not biting into the fender correctly. You can try to slide the corner of the bumper support piece up a little bit so that your bumper can slide up a bit higher on that side. The mounting holes on those brackets are slightly oversized, so there's some wiggle room to play with. Also, you can try to loosen the bolts holding the fender and try to shift the fender a little bit back. It gives a little more room for your bumper to slide up some more. We're not talking about any large movements here, just about 1/8" or so, but that does help in many situation. However, if your car has been in an accident, the frame can be displaced, and there isn't much you can do.

It takes some patience if you want everything to line up perfectly. Have a helper to hold things in place while you torque down the bolts.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by mostdope818
Yellow core support. Reads salvage...is it salvage title?
Yes. I purchased it as a rebuilt salvage.

EDIT: To add on, when me and my brother took the bumper off we noticed it wasn't factory, most likely a replica. The holes on the drivers side where it is doing this are a little warped in a way, so there is nothing wrong to the frame, I'll just have to buy another front bumper soon.