• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Don't let people lean on your car.

#1 User is offline   AZ-S2000 

• Group: Guest

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

I noticed these cars get these smooth dents really easy. I leaned on my fender for a second and noticed parallel level with the fender.. you can see a wave from a smooth dent. 2ndly, on my previous S2K at a local car show.. a friend leaned on the quarter panel and when he got off the part he leaned on, popped, but still left a small dent. Don't push down on the hood to close it like my cousin did cause not I noticed yet more smooth wavey dents :argh:

This is my FYI.
Posted Image

Well what I put in my s2k is half Shell V-Power and half Chevron with Techron. V-Power + Techron = VTEC! :D

#2 User is offline   CoolGuy094 

• Group: Member

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Even though my car is old and not in the greatest condition on the outside, I still don't like it when people touch my car. LOL. If someone sat on my car I think I would throw a fit. Its not a chair! I also don't like it when other people open or close my hood or trunk. My wife slams my trunk closed every time... ohhhh that gets to me.
Posted Image
RIP Josh Messerschmidt

#3 User is offline   TW00Si 

• View gallery
  • Group: Gold Member

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostCoolGuy094, on 10 July 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Even though my car is old and not in the greatest condition on the outside, I still don't like it when people touch my car. LOL. If someone sat on my car I think I would throw a fit. Its not a chair! I also don't like it when other people open or close my hood or trunk. My wife slams my trunk closed every time... ohhhh that gets to me.

I recently had a CR wing installed and my fiance would close the trunk as she would before. But with the increased weight, it "slams". I told her many times, if you keep doing that and you break it, I get to buy a new toy. It works.
Posted Image
2007 GPW - Almost done

My For Sale Link My Build Thread

#4 User is offline   NYGPW08 

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I hate it when people slam my door. Everyone does it too. Like what the f@#k? Yeah, yeah they do dent really easily. I found a few dents myself on my gpw.
Posted Image

'08 red/blk GPW

#5 User is offline   AZ-S2000 

• Topic Starter

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostNYGPW08, on 10 July 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

I hate it when people slam my door. Everyone does it too. Like what the f@#k? Yeah, yeah they do dent really easily. I found a few dents myself on my gpw.

I get that too.. I mean its the lightest smallest door in the world, doesn't need much force. And its a small low car, why lean on it?

#6 User is offline   zeroptzero 

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Honda sheetmetal is really thin, I only seem to get dents and door dings on my Hondas. I have a dent on my front fender too, when I was installing my new motor I had to lean over to tighten a bolt and it left a dent like you described. :(
*NOTE: The artist formally known as JFusion ! . I am now zeroptzero , pm me at my new screen name

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   El S2000 

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Agreed.. I have a small one on my driver side fender and Ill be damned if I dont see it every time I get in the car. I dont care if anyone else doesn't notice it cuz I do and its annoying lol :thumbdn:

This post has been edited by El S2000: 10 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

#8 User is offline   blondienirvana 

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Leaning on an s2k makes no sense, it's like leaning on a guardrail.
Instagram @s2kwrx @imooray @neohiocarscene
Posted Image
2002 NFR s2000 emily
2005 Sebring s2000 sebrina
2012 wrx

#9 User is offline   RMurphy 

• Group: Moderator
  • Interests:HMFIC. aka Network Goddess at CCTS.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostEl S2000, on 10 July 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Agreed.. I have a small one on my driver side fender and Ill be damned if I dont see it every time I get in the car. I dont care if anyone else doesn't notice it cuz I do and its annoying lol :thumbdn:

Have you looked into getting it fixed since it bothers you so? If you have never used one before, you might be surprised at what a paintless dent removal guru can do for very little cost. I completely know what you mean about no one else seeing it but it still driving you nuts. BTDT.
~~
RMurphy
Los Angeles, CA
2007 Rio Yellow Pearl
sifo

#10 User is offline   mister x 

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Chick wanted to take a picture leaning on my front fender a few years back. She was hot, petite, with a bubble butt, in tight jean shorts... with rivets. No way that was going to happen, not even bare assed, well maybe bare assed.
2004 S2K, Silverstone
1996 Xootr Street

#11 User is offline   stevenw 

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Ooo...Biggest pet peeve of mine. I have a friend who always likes to touch things and what not. When he saw my car for the first time he was all excited to see it and stuff which was cool, until he sat on my hood, and I got really annoyed and started yelling at him. The other day I saw him again and he was leaning on my fender, and I yelled at him again. I guess some people don't learn. Also people slam my trunk and doors all the time when I tell them all they need is a light push and the door/trunk will do the rest.
05 Silverstone
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   AZ-S2000 

• Topic Starter

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostRMurphy, on 10 July 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

View PostEl S2000, on 10 July 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Have you looked into getting it fixed since it bothers you so? If you have never used one before, you might be surprised at what a paintless dent removal guru can do for very little cost. I completely know what you mean about no one else seeing it but it still driving you nuts. BTDT.

Well, the car is going to get repainted and might as well get some body work done which means getting the dents smoothed out and no body filler crap.

View Poststevenw, on 10 July 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Ooo...Biggest pet peeve of mine. I have a friend who always likes to touch things and what not. When he saw my car for the first time he was all excited to see it and stuff which was cool, until he sat on my hood, and I got really annoyed and started yelling at him. The other day I saw him again and he was leaning on my fender, and I yelled at him again. I guess some people don't learn. Also people slam my trunk and doors all the time when I tell them all they need is a light push and the door/trunk will do the rest.

I mean common, the hood weighs nothing as do the doors and trunk.. how much force does it need haha

#13 User is offline   LightKiosk 

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

What really makes me cringe is not only when they slam the door (maybe the door is too light for them and they're not used to it?), but when they don't put the seatbelt back properly and then the door frame slams right on the metal part of the seatbelt.
2001 Spa Yellow
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   mrbond413 

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

I let my mom borrow my S one day when her car was in the shop. 2 days later she posted a picture on Facebook of her sitting on the hood/front bumper at her work's parking lot with the caption "i can't believe he let me borrow his baby". Yeah, she's grounded from it now.

#15 User is offline   gerry100 

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

People with manners don't lean or sit on other peoples' cars

#16 User is offline   dangarza 

• Interests:Avid cyclist, motorcyclist, father of 2 kids.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Agree completely with ALL of the above posts.
The rear quarter panel seems to be specially vulnerable to being dented by people just leaning their fat A$$ on it :banghead:
Aside from the SLAM! or BAM! door-closing people the other VERY annoying nasty little habit some people have is grabbing the WINDOW and then bang the door :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Oh well, I guess cars are just transportation for many folks...

#17 User is offline   AZ-S2000 

• Topic Starter

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postmrbond413, on 11 July 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

I let my mom borrow my S one day when her car was in the shop. 2 days later she posted a picture on Facebook of her sitting on the hood/front bumper at her work's parking lot with the caption "i can't believe he let me borrow his baby". Yeah, she's grounded from it now.

Worst of all is when people with jeans with those rivets or whatever in them that lean. :argh:

View Postdangarza, on 11 July 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Agree completely with ALL of the above posts.
The rear quarter panel seems to be specially vulnerable to being dented by people just leaning their fat A$$ on it :banghead:
Aside from the SLAM! or BAM! door-closing people the other VERY annoying nasty little habit some people have is grabbing the WINDOW and then bang the door :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Oh well, I guess cars are just transportation for many folks...

Agreed. Its not a point A to point B car only.

#18 User is offline   dougcee 

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Yeah, I hear you guys. My 05', GPW has a few little creases/depressions along the driver side rear fender lines from someone doing what you're describing.
Luckily the white does not highlight this too bad. That is the only defect in the car's bodywork and paint. I'm the third owner so it happened before I got the car.

#19 User is offline   AZ-S2000 

• Topic Starter

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

View Postdougcee, on 13 July 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Yeah, I hear you guys. My 05', GPW has a few little creases/depressions along the driver side rear fender lines from someone doing what you're describing.
Luckily the white does not highlight this too bad. That is the only defect in the car's bodywork and paint. I'm the third owner so it happened before I got the car.

If I didn't need/want a paint job on the car, I would definitely just bring it to a dent expert who can just push it out

#20 User is offline   s2000james 

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Absolutely! I can't understand why people have to slam the door; especially girls. They seem to have this idea this that the door could only be shut tight by slamming it. I have never seen one single person who'd close the door with the absolute miminum force needed.

Yes! Also can't understand why people pushes the top of the glass to close the door insead of pushing the door (and leaving a big hand print for you to see when he/she is gone). Don't they have a brain or something?

This post has been edited by s2000james: 15 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Posted Image

#21 User is offline   RED_90TEG 

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

yeah my x leaned on the quarter with her fine ass and dented it ! gotta love bad bitches !

#22 User is offline   AZ-S2000 

• Topic Starter

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostRED_90TEG, on 14 July 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

yeah my x leaned on the quarter with her fine ass and dented it ! gotta love bad bitches !

Hahah.. not bad. :LOL:

#23 User is offline   AZ-S2000 

• Topic Starter

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Posts2000james, on 13 July 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Absolutely! I can't understand why people have to slam the door; especially girls. They seem to have this idea this that the door could only be shut tight by slamming it. I have never seen one single person who'd close the door with the absolute miminum force needed.

Yes! Also can't understand why people pushes the top of the glass to close the door insead of the pushing the door (and leaving a big hand print for you to see it when he/she is gone). Don't they have a brain or something?

Yeap. That's an annoying one. I always have prints on my window

#24 User is offline   SkateForGirl 

• View gallery

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

I totally agree. I used to have a VW GLI and people used to lean on it every now and then. One time the metal on someones pants was up against the paint and he slid like a foot and I noticed the next day :( Needless to say that was the last time anyone leaned up against my car ever again.

#25 User is offline   AZ-S2000 

• Topic Starter

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostSkateForGirl, on 14 July 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

I totally agree. I used to have a VW GLI and people used to lean on it every now and then. One time the metal on someones pants was up against the paint and he slid like a foot and I noticed the next day :( Needless to say that was the last time anyone leaned up against my car ever again.

Ouch.. that's that would tick me off

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users