S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Don't let people lean on your car.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Don't let people lean on your car.

I noticed these cars get these smooth dents really easy. I leaned on my fender for a second and noticed parallel level with the fender.. you can see a wave from a smooth dent. 2ndly, on my previous S2K at a local car show.. a friend leaned on the quarter panel and when he got off the part he leaned on, popped, but still left a small dent. Don't push down on the hood to close it like my cousin did cause not I noticed yet more smooth wavey dents

This is my FYI.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Even though my car is old and not in the greatest condition on the outside, I still don't like it when people touch my car. LOL. If someone sat on my car I think I would throw a fit. Its not a chair! I also don't like it when other people open or close my hood or trunk. My wife slams my trunk closed every time... ohhhh that gets to me.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Even though my car is old and not in the greatest condition on the outside, I still don't like it when people touch my car. LOL. If someone sat on my car I think I would throw a fit. Its not a chair! I also don't like it when other people open or close my hood or trunk. My wife slams my trunk closed every time... ohhhh that gets to me.
I recently had a CR wing installed and my fiance would close the trunk as she would before. But with the increased weight, it "slams". I told her many times, if you keep doing that and you break it, I get to buy a new toy. It works.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate it when people slam my door. Everyone does it too. Like what the f@#k? Yeah, yeah they do dent really easily. I found a few dents myself on my gpw.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NYGPW08
I hate it when people slam my door. Everyone does it too. Like what the f@#k? Yeah, yeah they do dent really easily. I found a few dents myself on my gpw.
I get that too.. I mean its the lightest smallest door in the world, doesn't need much force. And its a small low car, why lean on it?
Old 07-10-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Honda sheetmetal is really thin, I only seem to get dents and door dings on my Hondas. I have a dent on my front fender too, when I was installing my new motor I had to lean over to tighten a bolt and it left a dent like you described.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed.. I have a small one on my driver side fender and Ill be damned if I dont see it every time I get in the car. I dont care if anyone else doesn't notice it cuz I do and its annoying lol
Old 07-10-2013, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Leaning on an s2k makes no sense, it's like leaning on a guardrail.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:12 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by El S2000
Agreed.. I have a small one on my driver side fender and Ill be damned if I dont see it every time I get in the car. I dont care if anyone else doesn't notice it cuz I do and its annoying lol
Have you looked into getting it fixed since it bothers you so? If you have never used one before, you might be surprised at what a paintless dent removal guru can do for very little cost. I completely know what you mean about no one else seeing it but it still driving you nuts. BTDT.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Chick wanted to take a picture leaning on my front fender a few years back. She was hot, petite, with a bubble butt, in tight jean shorts... with rivets. No way that was going to happen, not even bare assed, well maybe bare assed.

Quick Reply: Don't let people lean on your car.