S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Don't let people lean on your car.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooo...Biggest pet peeve of mine. I have a friend who always likes to touch things and what not. When he saw my car for the first time he was all excited to see it and stuff which was cool, until he sat on my hood, and I got really annoyed and started yelling at him. The other day I saw him again and he was leaning on my fender, and I yelled at him again. I guess some people don't learn. Also people slam my trunk and doors all the time when I tell them all they need is a light push and the door/trunk will do the rest.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by El S2000' timestamp='1373494658' post='22658945
Agreed.. I have a small one on my driver side fender and Ill be damned if I dont see it every time I get in the car. I dont care if anyone else doesn't notice it cuz I do and its annoying lol
Have you looked into getting it fixed since it bothers you so? If you have never used one before, you might be surprised at what a paintless dent removal guru can do for very little cost. I completely know what you mean about no one else seeing it but it still driving you nuts. BTDT.
Well, the car is going to get repainted and might as well get some body work done which means getting the dents smoothed out and no body filler crap.

Originally Posted by stevenw
Ooo...Biggest pet peeve of mine. I have a friend who always likes to touch things and what not. When he saw my car for the first time he was all excited to see it and stuff which was cool, until he sat on my hood, and I got really annoyed and started yelling at him. The other day I saw him again and he was leaning on my fender, and I yelled at him again. I guess some people don't learn. Also people slam my trunk and doors all the time when I tell them all they need is a light push and the door/trunk will do the rest.
I mean common, the hood weighs nothing as do the doors and trunk.. how much force does it need haha
Old 07-10-2013, 11:02 PM

What really makes me cringe is not only when they slam the door (maybe the door is too light for them and they're not used to it?), but when they don't put the seatbelt back properly and then the door frame slams right on the metal part of the seatbelt.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 AM

I let my mom borrow my S one day when her car was in the shop. 2 days later she posted a picture on Facebook of her sitting on the hood/front bumper at her work's parking lot with the caption "i can't believe he let me borrow his baby". Yeah, she's grounded from it now.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

People with manners don't lean or sit on other peoples' cars
Old 07-11-2013, 12:10 PM

Agree completely with ALL of the above posts.
The rear quarter panel seems to be specially vulnerable to being dented by people just leaning their fat A$$ on it
Aside from the SLAM! or BAM! door-closing people the other VERY annoying nasty little habit some people have is grabbing the WINDOW and then bang the door
Oh well, I guess cars are just transportation for many folks...
Old 07-11-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by mrbond413
I let my mom borrow my S one day when her car was in the shop. 2 days later she posted a picture on Facebook of her sitting on the hood/front bumper at her work's parking lot with the caption "i can't believe he let me borrow his baby". Yeah, she's grounded from it now.
Worst of all is when people with jeans with those rivets or whatever in them that lean.

Originally Posted by dangarza
Agree completely with ALL of the above posts.
The rear quarter panel seems to be specially vulnerable to being dented by people just leaning their fat A$$ on it
Aside from the SLAM! or BAM! door-closing people the other VERY annoying nasty little habit some people have is grabbing the WINDOW and then bang the door
Oh well, I guess cars are just transportation for many folks...
Agreed. Its not a point A to point B car only.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 AM

Yeah, I hear you guys. My 05', GPW has a few little creases/depressions along the driver side rear fender lines from someone doing what you're describing.
Luckily the white does not highlight this too bad. That is the only defect in the car's bodywork and paint. I'm the third owner so it happened before I got the car.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by dougcee
Yeah, I hear you guys. My 05', GPW has a few little creases/depressions along the driver side rear fender lines from someone doing what you're describing.
Luckily the white does not highlight this too bad. That is the only defect in the car's bodywork and paint. I'm the third owner so it happened before I got the car.
If I didn't need/want a paint job on the car, I would definitely just bring it to a dent expert who can just push it out
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 PM

Absolutely! I can't understand why people have to slam the door; especially girls. They seem to have this idea this that the door could only be shut tight by slamming it. I have never seen one single person who'd close the door with the absolute miminum force needed.

Yes! Also can't understand why people pushes the top of the glass to close the door insead of pushing the door (and leaving a big hand print for you to see when he/she is gone). Don't they have a brain or something?

Quick Reply: Don't let people lean on your car.