Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread

Hello every one!
This is just an online space I'll use to keep track of my prats, DIY's, and overall progress with the car.

Purchased: 2013
2006 NFR
Two previous ownes: ~27,000KM

Exterior / Aesthetics:
OEM Front Lip
OEM Spoiler
OEM Hardtop
Shaved Emblems
Shaved windshield tape
LED Bulbs
Science of Speed stainless steel hood dampers
Side diffusors

Suspension / Wheels / Brakes
TEIN S-Tech 1" Springs
Project Kics R40 lug nuts
Volk Rays TE37 Bronze
17" x 7.5" +48 offset
17" x 9.0" +65 offset
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
225/45/17
255/40/17

Interior:
GTA-Car Kit AUX/iPhone input
Apple AirPort Express - AirPlay connectivity
JDM DC5R Titanium Shift Knob
Strut King shift boot adaptar/knob lock.
LED Bulbs
AEM wideband A/F gauge

Performance
K&N 63-3514 intake
Toda Header
Berk 63.5mm High Flow Cat
T1R 70R-EM Sparrow Dual Exhaust
Hondata Flaspro — Custom Mustang Dyno Tune
Rear speaker install

To-do/Want list:
Coilovers — BR
DIY Mudflaps?
CR Side Markers
OEM Vented hood
ASM Fenders
Wheel spacers (for rear)
PW:JDM Valve cover washer set

This was my first big project, a 2005 Mugen DC5. I sold this to fund the AP2 purchase!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 PM

yep, thats a nice nfr
Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 AM

so far so good!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:34 PM

I agree 100% with adejong.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:31 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep up the good work...
Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

coilovers + front lip and your car is gold
Old 02-13-2014, 04:19 AM

Currently getting OEM trunk spoiler, and front lip painted for instal.
You buggers are lucky your paint codes don't have 10,000 variations.

Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread-ti5fkli.jpg

I'm also making progress with wireless input to the stock head unit. I picked up a GTA-Car Kit for Aux input via the 6-CD changer port, and I've hacked an Apple Airport Express to run off 12v DC (Normally 120V AC).

Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread-wqjfwhs.jpg

TIEN springs because the budget got blown on paint. In the future I'll invest BC coilovers and the proper arms, spacers, bumpsteer kit, ball joints etc. I got a great deal on some S-Techs and that's fine for the next season or two.

Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread-lxjfj3l.jpg

Custom double catch can setup for PCV and Crank Vent. Going to be running full braided nylon lines and Russell's AN fittings because braided lines are clearly baller. Plus they'll last a really long time. I've got drain extenders built into the specs, so I'm going to try and mount those near the oil filter so it can be checked/drained easily. Without the extended drains this design would require removing the battery tie down to access the drains -_-

Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread-gcukxef.png
Old 02-13-2014, 05:25 PM

So I have an Airport Express jammed up in under the steering column, the wifi is working. I now have an awesome AirPlay network in the AP2 that runs into the AUX adaptor for the back of the factory head unit.

I plan on keeping this car for the next 30 years. I think because of its known status as a "future classic" I'll hold onto it much like some elderly men you may know of that have held onto their old cars to show 40 and 50 years later in pristine condition.

My goal is to modify it in a very basic and timeless manner. Keeping things as close to OEM and JDM looking as possible. I'll eventually upgrade the door speakers to preform better but at least this way Ive modernized the stock head unit with out having a crazy bright blue and green LED faceplate I so grossly loath...

Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread-dmxgw5q.jpg

Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread-vjhiyti.jpg
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 PM

Out for the 1st little cruse this season. Have some sad news though, the AP2 OEM style front lip my GF got me over the winter holidays was a pretty cheep knockoff. Turns out it's about 2-3 inches too short on both sides... needless to say I'm not impressed.

My wing was perfect fitment, I was so stoked to get that painted and installed. Just wish my paint guy didn't drop it on the way out of the booth :face:

At any rate, I did get my front bumper and trunk badges removed and the holes filled properly. I plan on putting a vintage Honda badge on the trunk, I just haven't decided if it should go bottom right corner under the key hole. Or smack dab in the middle. If it looks as good as I hope it will I'm considering replacing the "s2000" badges that run alongside the side markers.

I had a friend put some white plasti dip on my Volks over the winter in his heated garage. It was basically just a test run for this season, if I like it I'll probably paint them properly next winter or later this season. Sadly it's pealing already due to what I can only assume is poor prep work, and application to cold surface.

Looks heaps better with the emblems shaved, and all corresponding holes filled. The silly front plate mount holes too! Just have to get a properly fitting lip to bring some more aggressive, and visual dynamic to the front of the car. I find now that it's so cleanly shaved it's almost too basic.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:26 PM

Got some more updates from this past summer, my plasti-dip didn't last long at all so I spent all summer on bronze TE37s. This winter I think I might try to sell or trade for a set of Desmond Evos.

Rear speaker installed and all wired up. Wired in series with the roll hoop speakers.

Quick Reply: Cirq - 2006 NFR Thread