Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

How is there not one of these yet? Now that there are plenty of us around Charlotte, let's formally introduce ourselves to each other and use this thread for local chatter and postwhoring. I'll start... feel free to share whatever you like about yourself.

Name: Andy
Years in CLT: 25 (That's right, a TRUE Charlottean)
Current S: Berlina MY2000 (my first and only)
Years owned: Coming up on 3
Profession: Mechanical Engineer (UNCC grad '09)
Interests/Hobbies: Autox, gaming, part fabrication
Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Anybody got anything exciting going on this week/weekend? I've been in/out of town for work this week but trying to button up my S for tuning this weekend. Probably heading over to Wally's (DaGou) house to help him out with his never ending build as well. One of my close friends is closing on a house this week too so I'm sure I'll be helping him move again.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also from Charlotte originally. Moved away to Wilmington for school but moved back. In mooresville currently
Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well we all know each other in here so far...lol

Name: Kevin
Years in CLT: one half. charlotte n00b
Current S: Brickyard Red 08
Years owned: End of September will be 1. Honestly hope it's gone before then
Profession: Roofing sales for now. Once school is over, hopefully working for Porsche Corp
Interests/Hobbies: My girl (puppy), photography, music, driving, cars (duh), going to ALMS races and hopefully some F1, martial arts (going on 19 years), beer, travel

I'm an ass man
Old 07-17-2013, 05:32 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Name: Evan
Years in CLT: 11 years for first stint, moved away for school (still visiting back with parents from time to time), so far 3.5 years since I moved back. I still consider myself a native Texan though =P
Current S: MY07 GPW on blk/red
Years owned: ~3.5
Profession: Customer Service / Enterprise IT (as in, Linux/UNIX systems in front of big LSI arrays, etc...no Windows here )
Interests/Hobbies: Pretty much love computers/tech, cars, tattoos, making music, driving, spirits of all types, and anything involving the beach or lake.

Nothing really planned anytime soon. My sister is getting married in a couple weeks, and all my time has been swallowed up helping with all the plans and logistics. Unfortunately I've kinda given up on modding the car for the time being until my wife and I get some debts paid down and fix a few long-running issues with her car. I'd also like to finish paying mine off too

As such, I've kinda not shown up to any meets lately. I'll start back probably September-ish.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Name: Matt
Years in CLT: 1, moved here last summer from Delaware/Pennsylvania area
Current S: 2004 Suzuka
Years owned: 3
Profession: analyst at a bank, use sas/sql/unix
Interests/Hobbies: computers, video games, cars, l try to play soccer as many days a week as my body will allow

Bought a house in Huntersville a few months ago so just relaxing and enjoying being settled down for a while, and the fact i finally have a garage to call my own
Old 07-17-2013, 06:01 AM

Also - this weather has been crazy ever since I moved here. I moved July 1st last year and it was 105 degrees when I pulled up in my moving truck. Then we got barely a snow, winter was fairly pleasant and now this summer has been nothing but Florida-style rain!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 AM

Anybody been to this BWR place I'm hearing about in the ballantyne area? Burgers wings and rings or something... said they have like 69¢ wings one night? I'm feeling a Charlotte area meet there one night.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:25 AM

Kevin - What are you trying to do with Porsche? Sales?

Matt - Are you going to come out to the next Wednesday night event or zMax next weekend? Its time to get your feet wet man.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 AM

i def wanna try and make it to the wednesday night one at least, did you go to the last one and if so how was it?

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread