Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

S2000 Stolen

Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Stolen

Hey guys,

I already filed a police report and whatnot, but I figured you guys spot so many s2ks and know people in the community that I thought I'd post this here just in case.

I've got an 05 silver s2k. It's got the OEM hardtop, no front plate, the emblem on the right side of the car actually says "2000S", and it's got a T1r exhaust (single not dual). Pic in the signature.

I parked it in my apartment's garage Wednesday, saw it yesterday afternoon and it wasn't there today whenever I came to drive it. I live near the intersection of Kirby and Main st right next to Reliant Stadium, if that helps.

Thanks guys...

PS if you guys don't allow these threads then feel free to move/delete as necessary.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 AM

I'm sure you have already done this but my car was towed one time and I thought it was stolen. Try calling the HPD tow system at 713-308-8580.

Good luck and I hope you get it back!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I am so sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you're able to get your car back in one piece. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear dude. I work around the Med Center so i'll keep an eye out.

How are they stealing the S? i thought there was a chip in our keys? Towing?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 PM

HPD made me call the towing directory before filling a claim... I was hoping that was the case but nope.

I just got back from my apartment and I got the video of them stealing it. They were smart about it and were done in 5 minutes. They waited in the garage on the first floor and then had a car follow them up to the second floor. Then two white males got out of a green honda civic (late 90s/early 00s). They broken in and then hooked it up to the civic and towed it off without starting it. I can try and upload the video but idk if it really matters...

They were pretty smart about the cameras, as we couldn't get a license plate. It's also super convenient that my apartment complex gates were stuck open all night, and also there was no video of them leaving the garage after it happened, which was odd.

Thanks for looking out guys. I'm afraid it's probably already been stripped and gonna be parted out soon.. I'm going to be scouring craigslist and other car part places for the next few weeks.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. Freaking lowlives. It's sad that you can't own anything nice without being fearful of people trying to take it away from you. I hope karma does its job and bites them in the ass.

I think you should try uploading the video -- maybe some members on the board might recognize the thieves. Also, is there any way your apartment complex can be held responsible in this situation for faulty equipment? I guess it doesn't matter either way, as insurance will do its job.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:22 PM

Post it on facebook. Share with Honda tuning.. get pictures of you car up..some one will see it. Or know them .. Crowd sourcing best way to find your car

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-26-2013, 05:24 PM

while this sucks, ill keep an eye out. Have a vin to check for parts?

Lo jacks also really do help with things like this.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:39 PM

Thanks guys. I wish I had lo jack, but I've been hurting financially for the past few months unfortunately so I never got it or any other security features. Not sure if the apt complex can be held responsible, but I've got to meet with the cops again tomorrow to turn in the tape and see what they say. I'll upload it after that and see how that goes. I posted here and on facebook, but I'll be checking around to see if anything comes up. The more people that know, the better. Just hope they know they messed with the wrong person if I find them... That car was my baby
Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 PM

Damn, sorry to hear that. Sometimes I consider getting a detachable steering wheel, but then again I don't need to make a death trap any more dangerous.

Quick Reply: S2000 Stolen