S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Latest Info on "Street"

Old 08-20-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest Info on "Street"

I know the changes to Street has been the most talked about and debated topic to hit autocross in years. I am getting confused by the Fast Tracks and all of the going back and forth. Can someone sum up the basic differences I can expect to see for a non-CR AP2 owner that will be transitioning from B Stock to B Street.

Obviously, the biggest change is the allowed tires. I think I am clear on the changes to Appendix A such as GXP to AS and S2K CR to AS, etc.

But what about wheel size proposal, remote reservoir shocks and all of the other crap that was being debated?

To put it another way, outside of changes to Appendix A, what are the differences expected between B Stock and B Street besides tires?

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nobody really knows how it's going to finally shake out.
At this point, the only difference that is really on the table between street and stock (which will run in parallel in 2014) is potentially the +1/-1 wheel allowance.

Both classes at this point will have to go for full length exhaust instead of turn downs and no changes to camber or bar compared to 2013 stock, AFAIK.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

it seems non CR AP2 wont have much to worry about anyways.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:20 AM

Steve, the big question is, What is everyone going to do next year? I'm going to run with the biggest group with the fastest drivers I can. Will I be on street tires or r-comps? It'll be interesting to see where everyone goes.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

STR participation in my area has dwindled in the past few events. RT has showed a huge turn out in the past few events. ill still be in street class since im a noob and dont have money to move into STR yet.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Apeatwo
Steve, the big question is, What is everyone going to do next year? I'm going to run with the biggest group with the fastest drivers I can. Will I be on street tires or r-comps? It'll be interesting to see where everyone goes.
I hear you on that. The stuff that went down this year with the classing, coupled with my own increasing desire to drive a different car made my decision to leave BS next year "more or less" final. But I know a bunch of CR (Justin too) guys here plan to run BS again next year. I'll be codriving something fast/fun/competitive next year, most likely in STR. If that doesn't happen, you could see me in a competitive DSP car, or even an SM/SSM car.

The next car for me to run locally will almost surely be a 350Z (HR) 2007-2008 or a C5 Corvette Z06. Gonna sell the CR first and then make a final decision. The only way I would buy something else is if something pops up that I just couldn't refuse.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Apeatwo
Are you guys expecting the rules to have Street class as well as Stock classes next year? If there is no B Stock for 2014, I guess I will be running B Street. If B Stock runs one more year, I am not sure but I will probably run one more year on R Comps before I move to Street.

Nick, you said you know a bunch of CR owners that plan to run B Stosk next year. Does that mean you believe the rules will not change until 2015?

You guys can't make fun of me for trailering my car to events even after it is shod with streets! My truck is nice and comfy!

I am just not ready to invest the time and money into STR right now.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by skahre
Originally Posted by Apeatwo' timestamp='1377098458' post='22737023
Are you guys expecting the rules to have Street class as well as Stock classes next year? If there is no B Stock for 2014, I guess I will be running B Street. If B Stock runs one more year, I am not sure but I will probably run one more year on R Comps before I move to Street.

Nick, you said you know a bunch of CR owners that plan to run B Stosk next year. Does that mean you believe the rules will not change until 2015?

You guys can't make fun of me for trailering my car to events even after it is shod with streets! My truck is nice and comfy!

I am just not ready to invest the time and money into STR right now.
Haha I don't blame you for trailering. The s2000 for us bigger guys is really not very comfortable to driver on the street. If I was 5'6 130lbs I am sure it would be really nice.

Regardless of what happens, per the rules, B-Stock on Rcomps will be around in 2014. Beyond that we don't know what's going to happen.

Nick
Old 08-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Confused. Parallel classes for '14, but appendix A reorg happens when?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Street gets approved, then appendix A goes into effect 2014 for Street class. In 2014 Stock will use the current classing. In 2014 the CR will be in A Street or B Stock.

Quick Reply: Latest Info on "Street"