S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Frankie's - GTX3576R Build

Old 01-02-2014, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frankie's - GTX3576R Build

Hi all

I have been FI (Turbo) for some time now but have recently decided to scratch that itch for some more power and hopefully sustained reliability.

My existing set up is -

Stock F20C 60K
Garrett TR30 (3076 Trim)
MASE design Sidewinder Manifold
2.5" DP
2.5" DMS Pro Exhaust
38mm TIAL Wastegate
50mm TIAL BOV
Mishimoto M Line IC (Gold)
Custom stainless IC piping
ID 1000s
Walbro 255 pump
AEM EMS v2
CC stage 2 clutch
CC super light flywheel
OEM Transmission
OEM Diff

Photo's and build thread here:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...0-restoration/

Despite having amazing spool time, set up only made just over 300whp due to the small turbine wheel on the TR30R which can't hold the volume of exhaust gasses that my F20C passes at high RPMs.

I had a long think about where I wanted to be next and have decided that I want to be in the 550wp range with room for more should I desire (1x thing about this FI game is you always want more!)

I had previously had an engine die on me due to worn rings, I have therefore sold my running new 60K F20. With the money I'm going to rebuild my original F20C using the following parts (all already ordered)

Darton dry sleeves
CP pistons
Brian Cower con rods
ACL Bearings
OEM Gaskets
ARP Head, con rod and exhaust studs

I've gone for a 10:1 compression.

The machine work will commence as soon as the goodies arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Once built I will be running the following set up:

Rebuilt Darton Sleved 10:1 F20C
Garrett GTX3576R
Sheepey built front facing Vband Single scroll manifold
Sheepey built 3" down pipe
Sheepey built down facing dump tube
TIAL 50mm BOV
TIAL 44mm Wastegate
Exhaust - TBC
Mishimoto M Line IC (Gold) Might need to upgrade with the power goals but will wait and see.
Custom stainless IC piping
ID 1000s
Walbro 255 pump
AEM EMS v2
CC stage 4 clutch
CC super light flywheel
OEM Transmission
OEM Diff
Virba Technics mounts

I will start to catalogue photos as I go and the new build picks up momentum. Looking foward to seeing how well the GTX3576R and Sheepey mani perform
Old 01-02-2014, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice list, should be beast once complete. Kinda digging the gold intercooler
Old 01-02-2014, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Redline S2K
Nice list, should be beast once complete. Kinda digging the gold intercooler
Thanks, wasn't sure when I 1st fitted it but it actually gets allot of compliments. I hope it can handle the new air demand.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:24 AM

I'm still undecided as what exhaust to go with as I'm yet to find a 76mm exhaust system that is aesthetically pleasing.

I really love the sytling of Go Tunning / Greddy Spectrum Elite.

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1009

However they only make it in a 70mm pipe diameter and my DP will be 76mm. I'm waiting back from Sheepey to confirm exactly where their 76mm DP will finish (cat or past cat) to determine if I can fab up a custom 76mm > 70mm downsizing test pipe.

Is this a bad Idea for the flow of the gasses? If bad, someone show me some good looking 76mm systems please!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds good mate nice spec I'm yet to take the head off mine the guy who is doing the work is beginning to piss me off. For the exhaust go with 2.75" downpipe or 3" to 3" centre with high flowing silencer to non restrictive Y peice then to 2.5" with two back boxes, I reused the old tailpipes because I like the look and it looks stock (haha) and I don't like single look.

With this setup I had a back pressure of 0.2 psi at top end so not restrictive at all really and has virtually no drone and not obtrusively loud but you can here it - i love it.

Honestly a 3" dp doesn't do anything for power even if at highish boost I'd imagine in the high 20s it does.

Obviously this is a custom exhaust.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:12 AM

very nice! not to stray off topic here, but what wheels are those?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Sounds good mate nice spec I'm yet to take the head off mine the guy who is doing the work is beginning to piss me off. For the exhaust go with 2.75" downpipe or 3" to 3" centre with high flowing silencer to non restrictive Y peice then to 2.5" with two back boxes, I reused the old tailpipes because I like the look and it looks stock (haha) and I don't like single look.

With this setup I had a back pressure of 0.2 psi at top end so not restrictive at all really and has virtually no drone and not obtrusively loud but you can here it - i love it.

Honestly a 3" dp doesn't do anything for power even if at highish boost I'd imagine in the high 20s it does.

Obviously this is a custom exhaust.
Hey bud, sounds like a nice custom set up. Can't believe you still haven't gotten round to pulling the head for a look, have you still being driving it?

I'm up for taking on the challenge of fabricating a full custom system with the help of some friends and their facilities.

However I'm in love wit the styling and build quality of the Gotuning system.

If I can find some back boxes (mufflers) and tail pipes that are very close to the Gotuning then I might consider the custom route, other wise I will try to marry up my 3" DP (already paid for) and the 2.75" Gotuning exhaust depending on if the new DP will allow me to fit a downsizing test pipe.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:52 PM

Who are you using for the engine work? I tried to find someone to do the Darton wet sleeves but no one would get back to me. After reading the instructions it seems pretty easy so I'm going to get my guys to do the machining. Only thing I can't do is hone as don't have a use for one of those machines.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by mattie170
Who are you using for the engine work? I tried to find someone to do the Darton wet sleeves but no one would get back to me. After reading the instructions it seems pretty easy so I'm going to get my guys to do the machining. Only thing I can't do is hone as don't have a use for one of those machines.
The machine shop that you recommended to me Mattie

http://www.gosnays.co.uk/acatalog/

The guy I have been dealing with (Adrain) does take ages to reply to emails though! If you're looking to get you work done with them then maybe we can see if he's willing to do us a deal..

Cambridge reboures also say that they can do it but I'm not so convinced of their experience and are yet to get back to me with a quote.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:22 PM

Yeah I sent them a email but no answer . I will do it myself as really I want the wet sleeves as they are better and I have all the gear to do most of the work so no point paying someone else's profits. Dry sleeves are much easier to install and someone local to me could do it I found out recently. What are they charging to install the dry sleeves?

Quick Reply: Frankie's - GTX3576R Build