UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 06:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Westy's Progress Thread

Hi All

ive obviously been on here for a short while, read lots of really interesting and fascinating information.

Ive done a few things to my car since purchase so thought id start a thrednof progress for a few reasons. 1. So I don't post rubbish randomness on the forum. 2. So people can give me opinions in my own thred.

So ill post up some pics of the progress and my thoughts so far. I purchased the car February 2014 after a deposit and some snagging that needed attenntion. These bits included a service so radiator coolant, oil change, diff and engine oil changed, door window seal replaced, small roof tear repair, front bumper scratches repaired, and a dented door pulled out slightly with small ding repaired... it sounds alot!!! The car has a full honda service history, on the right milage every service, has good tyres, eagle f1s all the correct sizes! Rocker rover is good and not flaking.

Car is a UK car, 2007 GT S2000.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:37 AM

the first thing was to service the car, even though the car had a service 2k before I purchased it and I insisted on a service as part of the sale.... I wanted to do it myslef to be sure all is well...

Gerbox oil
Diff oil
Radiator fliud
disks and pads
Spark plugs
Old 03-30-2014, 08:04 AM

we found the disks were still the oe disks from the factory, 70k on 1 set of disks I thought was good going!

we also took the opportunity to pop some eibachs on and a k&n typoon kit...
Old 03-30-2014, 08:10 AM

Since hen ived changed the oil again... and added some bits and bobs, a mugen oil filler cap, mugen brake reservoir cover, s2kuk tax disk holder :-) and red honda badges.

I have Tarmac sports skirts to fit and Si at Hendy Honda has ordered me a Miltek dual exhaust.... :-) plus the Honda matts when they arrive.

At rhe moment the only other plan is to pop in a new clutch and add a quick release steering wheel have the geo set up at TGM fleet and spoon calipers so will need some small spacers too....

longer term im looking to have bushes chamged for mugen ones and a remap. Wheel refurbished, black wheel nuts and maybe a concourse standard respray... I think thats all.....

the usual general up keep things get done too, so Shin etsu on all seals including hard top, I bought some other silcone greasealso to compare. The soft tops been cleaned and protectes with AG products and I bought some storm force soft top repair in case needed. :-)
Old 03-30-2014, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good! Why did you replace the door window seal? Was it leaking?
Old 03-30-2014, 08:31 AM

The window seal has periahed and was split.... meaning the window squeeked too.... so it was done as part of the agreement of sale. The main point for me was the fhsh adding up perfectly and the engine sounding good.

It will however have a clutch soon :-)

ps who changrd the thred title.... should read westys progress thred....
Old 03-30-2014, 08:45 AM

The cleaning products I use. I do clay the car occasionally too.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:22 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

damnit, I this means I'm going to have to wash mine for next Sunday now That AG UDS works wonders on my black golf and the EGP really does help it keep shiny.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:36 AM

I find it works better than anything else ive used before.

Great your coming along on sunday. I cant stya long as I need to catch flight for holiday. :-(

It does take ages to do... as more elbow grease = more shine...

If I have time.... I first shampoo it, rinse, clay, shampoo, rinse, ultra deep polish, super resin polish, then g3 wax. Its a 2 hour clean if done quick with wheels.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:24 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by weatyGT
The window seal has periahed and was split.... meaning the window squeeked too.... so it was done as part of the agreement of sale. The main point for me was the fhsh adding up perfectly and the engine sounding good.

It will however have a clutch soon :-)

ps who changrd the thred title.... should read westys progress thred....
I changed it, given your username is Weaty, and I changed "thred" to "thread" as well. I'll add in an apostrophe for you for free.

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread