Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

danjoys build thread

Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default danjoys build thread

Well I realized that while many of the other members know, Not everyone does. So here is update #1
#backyardshopinthesticks

Engine: 36k mile 5.3 vortec opt. l33. Short block untouched.
# 799 Heads are being ported,polished and decked at DG machine right now.
. Trunion Roller rocker upgrade(cancelled) doing a shaft mount double roller from PRW, this system is much safer for high rpm(<7k) and as I have decided to stay NA it is ultimately the best option.
. Comp Cams .675 lift dual valve springs
. Comp Ti retainers
. ls6 zo6 sodium filled valves
. Comp cams lsR custom remote mount turbo ground Cam
. professional products lsX cathedral aluminum intake mani
. Fast 102mm cable throttle body.
. PP aluminum fuel rails and braided lines
. c5 zo6 34lb/hr injectors
. Aeromotive 340lph in tank pump
. Aeromotive FPR
. Painless performance stand alone harness, and perfection EFI CAL Programmer
. random lsX accessories (c6 h²o pump, ls1 altenator, c6 harmonic pully)

Transmission: (The hard Part)
. c5 zo6 full drivetrain
. custom shortened torque tube
. Moser lifetime custom CV axles

Chassis:
. complete wire tuck
. Abs relocation
. heater line relocate
. washer fluid relocate
. Ac delete
. Complete bay shave
. cross member to Bar conversion
. Ebay radiator
. some new gauges and stuff.lol
. Wilwood clutch master cylinder

Function>Form
. rpf-1 black
. Voltex overfenders and side skirts
. H.O.C. Silver w/ bluepearl paint (kid picked)

Notes thus far:
Not very far in. I have most of my parts already, still working on the bay. I have about m40hours of shop time so far, however alot of distractions/drinking lol. I am currently sitting in here instead of making mock up covers for shave(done as of 5/9) also I will eventually be going boost. But want at least 6 months of usage while N/A. Plenty of Tu.e to work all the bugs out. The Paint may get pushed into winter time. Ok ill post pics up soon. Gotta get to work!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the build Danny, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

This thing is gonna be a monster, can't wait to see/hear it when it is ready.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:47 AM

Wow, that's a bigger project than I thought it was! Awesome!

Keep us updated
Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm buying you a powered buy Chevy sticker or a Calvin sticker pissing on Honda Can't wait to see your new build bro.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:19 AM

Last pic with f22

new engine showed up

I'm freaking sad
Old 05-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Awesome!! Look forward to seeing it done.

Can you give a general breakdown of cost for parts including retrofit kit? Sounds like your performing some/all labor? Rough Est?

I really love the power delivery of a well sorted/hi boost SC on the F series, but there is something to be said for the simplicity of an N/A motor especially for long term reliability on road/track. I could just never go back to an Fxx in that form because its so under powered for the rest of the car, so this conversion has some appeal to me, but it would still be road course minded, not dragged, so I wouldn’t get back to complicating it with FI again (not that it even needs it when your pushing over 400lb trq N/A) You cant find a wide enough tire to fit on this car to make use of much more then that, unless you want to be blobbing around on Drag radials everywhere, which obviously severely limits the cars potential and handling for everything else but drag.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the pictures, and best of luck with the build!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:39 PM

@ Junky,
. As of right now my projected final out of pocket cost is $4100 just to be running driving. This is including everything less aesthetics. As far as retrofit kit I am only using premanufactured motor mounts. Everything else will be my own fab work.
. That aside, you could do this swap using a standard Camaro/ Trans Am T56 Transmission. You could deduct $800 from that. This is specifically assuming you have upgraded dif and axles. Also somebody who previously had Turbo/SC. Would save a bit more. Furthermore depending on the driver the rear end is unnecessary.
. Regarding Track- my entire transmission swap is being done with one sole purpose. Maintain Factory weight bias.
. Turbo- Probably a pipe dream.

@Eric
. Thanks man. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:06 AM

Burned the midnight fuel tonight. Just wrapping up now @ 4AM.cut that stupid cross member out of the bay started sand grinding holes everywhere, unfortunately my only sanding disk broke. After attemptin about 6 alternative methods to continue on, I threw in the towel.however being as I had to take advantage of the free time I fab'd up my cover plates.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:54 AM

I don't think you'd want to turbo this anyway, unless that it was a drag car as Junky said. There's so much other stuff you can do with it.

I'd assume the LSX engine is much more moddable down the road if need be, then say a NA S2000, and many other NA motors. Assuming it wouldn't be much different having this engine in an S2000 as opposed to a Chevy/GM car. For example, you could get more power out of an LS1 in a Camaro, Firebird, or Corvette pretty easily and fairly cheaply with some bolt ons, though I'm not sure having this in an S2000 is the exact same--but at least similar.

The sound coming out of the exhaust alone will make all this effort worth it for you, that's one thing I will always miss about my previous car.

Quick Reply: danjoys build thread