S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part VI

Old 05-30-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part VI

Own a CR and want to BS about it? Like the car? Have something completely random? Post it here.

Link to Part V

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...thread-part-v/

Link to Part IV

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/855...hread-part-iv/

Link to Part III

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/819...read-part-iii/

Link to Part II

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/745...thread-part-ii

Link to Part I

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/547...-owners-thread
Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by FurY
Nice weather in Ohio today... took the CR to work for the first time in a while. Going to have it our local Cars & Coffee in the morning as well

Originally Posted by Mocky
Driving the civic but over to honda store. Waiting to see a HFP jacket with the logo in apex blue (or close to it)

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I finally registered and insured my CR after three long months of having it parked. I plan on doing a little work to it tonight and driving it tomorrow for the first time in a long time. Luckily I fully detailed it while it was parked so she is ready to hit the road!! I will also try to finally mount my new Advan tires in the next week or two if I can find the time.

Originally Posted by FurY' timestamp='1401490150' post='23183170
Driving the civic but over to honda store. Waiting to see a HFP jacket with the logo in apex blue (or close to it)
Do you have an Si for your daily?

I finally registered and insured my CR after three long months of having it parked. I plan on doing a little work to it tonight and driving it tomorrow for the first time in a long time. Luckily I fully detailed it while it was parked so she is ready to hit the road!! I will also try to finally mount my new Advan tires in the next week or two if I can find the time.
Any reason it's been parked? Should be awesome to have it out again

Registration expired and I was in between jobs so I just parked the car to save some money while life sorted itself out. All good now.

Originally Posted by sleeper15
Originally Posted by FurY' timestamp='1401462462' post='23182434
Loved my J's Racing header... looked really nice too
me too. just wished it was more easily visable.

half the time people don't even noticed its there when I have the hood up, unless I point it out
Old 05-31-2014, 04:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Jason: I have a civic, but not a fancy Si like yours. After we find a new home, I'm going to buy a new DD. I didn't want a nice car sitting outside all year in the snow belt.

Btw. Ira. Why the new thread? Close after 2000 posts. Too soon junior?
Old 05-31-2014, 09:58 AM

Jason: I have a civic, but not a fancy Si like yours. After we find a new home, I'm going to buy a new DD. I didn't want a nice car sitting outside all year in the snow belt.

I think 10 pages per thread is adequate? I dunno.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:46 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Cool beans, anything you have your eye on in particular?

Adam - glad life is sorted back out and the S is back on the road
Old 06-01-2014, 07:02 AM
Former Moderator

A bunch of different choices. I can't make up my mind to be honest. S3, TSX Wagon, STI, Accord, CTR ( if it comes stateside). Used S4. Etc. See. All over the place.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:17 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

A bunch of different choices. I can't make up my mind to be honest. S3, TSX Wagon, STI, Accord, CTR ( if it comes stateside). Used S4. Etc. See. All over the place.
I can definitely speak to the STI, as well as the TSX wagon (my Dad drives one). Both are great cars for a daily, although I'd probably choose the TSX wagon over the STI if it were between those 2. The STI is tons of fun and you can pretty much get anywhere with the AWD, esp in the winter, but the MPGs are worse and I trust the TSX reliability more. In fairness, my STI was stock minus an exhaust and never gave me a single issue, I just read stories of others having problems from time to time. CTR would be a great pick if Honda is nice enough to bring it over... won't hold my breath though lol.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Former Moderator

I'd consider the CTR but my biggest concern... it's my daily driver..and I'm going to be living in the snowbelt. I'm not sure I'm going to like the idea of throwing snow tires on and driving around in that car all the time. I mean, I can (and I would), but something a bit more "sensible" like a TSX Wagon would be a better choice. STI definitely has crap gas mileage but if I'm communting 30~45 minutes to work each day, I'd like to have something fun to drive.

I still have until the end of the year to decide (or so), so I have time

Thanks for the insight !
Old 06-02-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee gets my vote! I just bought one and love it! It easily fits 8 wheels and tires and I'm getting 20-22mpg.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Former Moderator

Really. That's not bad at all. Surprised actually. I assume I can tow the car too?

Quick Reply: Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part VI