Mark this thread as Unsold

2002 BMW Z3 Coupe - Chicago, IL

Old 06-09-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe - Chicago, IL

Name: Pat
Year & Model: 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe
Means of Contact: PM
Description: M54 3.0 5 speed, Bright Red II -- outside / Extended Beige Leather inside. Car has 100% options
Mileage: 130k
Price: $11,000 FRIM.

That fun roadster dynamic but with useable hatchback wackiness and BMW comfort. 225hp aluminum block means the same power to weight ratio as the 240hp M Coupe.

Looking to get another S2000. I've had an AP1, CR, and currently have an AP2 track car. Looking for another S2000 as a daily driver / weekend cruiser. Rebuilt title, accidents, high miles okay as long as it's priced accordingly. I'm not looking to put any cash on top. Even trade or cash from you to me. I bought this car last a little over a year ago and I've only put around 7k miles on the car since I used to work from home and now take public transit. In great condition except for a large scratch on the rear bumper from city parking.

Price is negotiable but keep in mind I don't have to sell this car. I really like it. Tons of fun but with that bit of BMW comfort. I have no reason to sell it besides wanting a convertible again. I will be perfectly happy if no one wants to buy it and I get to keep this amazing and rare car.

Originally, this car was BMW NA car in NJ. It was wholesaled via Levin BMW (now BMW of Scherrillville) to another dealer. That dealer sold it to the first retail owner. It was traded in at Anderson BMW in Crystal Lake, IL. An older guy purchased it and kept it until September 2006 /30k miles. It was a weekend car. The next owner bought it from this guy in Sept 2006 with 30k miles and I bought it from him with 123k miles if I remember correctly. Currently, the car has 130k miles. The car has been very well maintained with detailed service records. All OEM parts with exceptions listed below. Oil has been changed every 5k with M1 synthetic.

Modifications items:
- Bluetooth kit
- Dice Ipod/Aux
- OEM sun roof shade
- LeatherZ center arm rest
- Steering wheel has been re-covered and padded

Recent Maintenance:
- New struts all around (OEM) with RE strut mounts and related hardware -- Feb 2012
- New Control arms, bushings, etc. -- Feb 2012
- RE sub-frame bushings - 2009
- Stewart water pump, hoses, thermostat, belts -- Feb 2012
- Valve cover gasket, plugs -- Oct 2011
- O2 censors -- Oct 2011
- Coolant/Brake fluid/ PS Fluid/ Diff/ Trans fluid changed every 2 years. I use Redline in Trans/Diff
- Brakes are at about 50% all around. OEM pads with Zimmerman rotors
- Tires are somewhat worn Dunlop Direzza Star specs. Can throw in some General Xclaim at about 50% tread life. Staggered 17 inch setup
- New door rubber seals -- July 2012
- Driver side window regulator mounting fixed the right way (welded) 3 years ago.
- Battery is 1 year old

Extras (not included, can be added for extra):
- Picked up *2* sets of low mileage (15k and 20k) //M Roadster springs and shocks. Included with the car but not installed (can do for extra).
- Set of 16" BMW M Contour wheels with snow tires. 2 are slight used, 2 more so but should still last a while. Wheels are a scuffed, but are good for the winter.
- extra set of OEM rear wheels. Car came with the standard staggered set of 17x7.5 in front and 17x8.5 in rear. I picked up an extra set of 17x8.5 to run non-staggered. All are Style 32.
- OEM Roof rack
- Rocky mounts Euro pitchfork roof rack in red that matches the car pretty well

Old 06-16-2014, 09:17 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking for a fun DD too bad this isn't a z3M or lower miles
Old 06-16-2014, 01:44 PM

Performancewise you aren't giving up much between the 225hp z3 and the 240hp M. Remove 8 lbs from the z3 and it has a better power to weight ratio than the m (which is easy considering the z3 has a spare tite and the m does not). The 315hp M is a different story but those are 2 to 3 times the price.

Miles are kind of high but the m54 is very reliable and this has been well maintained. I have a stack of paperwork to prove it.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 PM

Priced lowered to $11k firm. If you come to me with 10,999.99 you better hope to find a penny. This does not include the extras listed below. If this does not sell by June 30 I will be keeping it. I know this is a niche market vehicle and I should be patient, but the thing is too much fun and I want to start autoxing it.