S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

power stop reman calipers vs OEM reman

Old 07-01-2014, 07:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default power stop reman calipers vs OEM reman

Has anyone dealt with power stop remanufactured front calipers? Under $50 per side after core charge from rock auto. Since they include core charge, I assume they are remanufactured OEM components. I'm drawn to them since they come powder coated, and most if not all other reman calipers come bare metal and develop surface rust in no time (I don't want to paint). Reman calipers from Honda are $30 more, but is there any reason to spend more? Are they bare metal like many others? do they use superior hardware?
Old 05-13-2015, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a front caliper lock up on me back in May of 2013 and I ended up replacing both fronts with the Power Stop Powder Coated Performance Calipers, front part number S2808 for the exact reason you mentioned. All the other sources I looked at were more expensive, or just about the same, for OEM remans. I figured if I could get the same thing, but powder coated already for the same price, that it was too good of a deal to pass up!

I was throughly impressed with the quality and finish of the calipers. As expected, they are reman OEM Nissin Calipers finished in a nice gloss red powder coat. I ordered them from Rock Auto and returned my original calipers to receive my core charge back. The only negative I could say, if it is one, would be that the calipers are powder coated over the raw finish. They're not ground smooth before powder coating, so they don't look as nice as something like a Brembo or a Spoon caliper might. But they still look very nice!

I've also been running the Power Stop front Ceramic pads and drilled / slotted combo rotor's since the same time, part number K2276 and have been very impressed with the performance and durability of the pads and rotors. They've held up very well, with no unwanted squeaks or squeals. Brake dust isn't terrible either.

This is a picture from just after installing them back in 2013, I'll snap another picture of what they look like today for comparison.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of Power Stop calipers too. I installed them about 6 months ago and everything is good so far. Amazon has them for about 150 with no core charge. If you have prime they offer 1 day shipped too.

They look much nicer than the stock calipers.

Name:  WP_20150510_001.jpg
Views: 4307
Size:  161.8 KB
Old 10-22-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great meccjo!

Did you just replace the fronts? Or did you do the front and rears?

Power Stop finally just started offering the rears in addition to the front!

Old 10-22-2015, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05rioS2K
Looks great meccjo!

Did you just replace the fronts? Or did you do the front and rears?

Power Stop finally just started offering the rears in addition to the front!

Thanks, I like the Honda sticker on your caliper, I may have to do that too. Mind if I ask where you got them?

Yea I noticed Powerstop starting offering the rear calipers too. I wanted to do the rears at the same time but they didn't offer them. Where
did you get them from? Price?
Old 11-09-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rebuilding the fronts is very easy and doesnt cost much especially if you dont need to replace the piston itself