Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Westside Jamboree

Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Westside Jamboree

Coming up September 20th, I have quite the day planned... I hope some of you guys can join me!

In the morning, we’ll meet at the Tigard Cars and Coffee at 800 for a quick pick-me-up.

After hanging out for a bit, we’ll hit the road, and take some of my favorite roads through the western Willamette Valley: Willsonville Road, Highway 219, Bald Peak Road, a lap of Hagg Lake, through the rolling farmlands west of Hillsboro, Old Cornelius Pass, MacNamee, Skyline and Loogie Trail!

Afterward, the wife and I will be hosting a small gathering at our humble abode!

Come one, come all, have a beer, chow down on some grub and (hopefully) enjoy some of the last nice weather for the year!

We will provide brats, chicken wings and (if Ira asks nicely) some Korean BBQ for your enjoyment. All the sides will be potluck, so let us know what you’re bringing! We will make a quick pit stop at a QFC prior to stopping at my place, so if there’s anything last minute you want to grab (or if you just want to wing it!), you can. There is plenty of space in the kitchen for prepwork, and you’ll have full access to our utensils, your standard electric stove/oven/microwave plus a gas and a charcoal grill for your cooking needs.

For beverages, we’ll have a whole mess of sodas: Coke, Dr. Pepper, and Sprite, plus coffee and tea if you’re into that. Additionally, some of our homebrewed beer will be on draft! Currently, I have an unfiltered pale session and a batch of a farmhouse saison brewed with fresh Oregon raspberries. You’re welcome to bring anything additional you’d like and I’ll be happy to serve it up for you!

Lastly, just so everyone is aware, we have a fairly rambunctious Labrador/Golden Retriever mix, as well as a 6 month Border Collie puppy. They can get very excited, especially around new people, and can be kind of jumpy. That said they’re both quite friendly, but I just want to be upfront, since I know not everyone is fond of dogs.

Let me know if you'll be attending below. Hopefully we’ll see each other soon!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:07 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

This sounds fantastic!!! Thank you!

I am often in the west hills having some fun, and may suggest adding Rock Creek Road (it starts off old Cornelius just before Skyline, follows the creek and valley and winds up to Skyline, probably my favorite road in the area).
Old 09-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn you for planning something so fun when I'm too busy!!!

It sounds like a blast. I will be too busy to join but enjoy yourselves!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

This is me asking nicely. Do it! Haha jk. I'll bring some cash for you guys and some sides. Not sure what yet.

All is contingent upon rain or not tho.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Sounds like I have 4 nsx buddies coming. Not sure why no one else is posting? This sounds fun and exciting
Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im thinking about it, weighing the ideas of doing this and seeing Ira's nsx or going to the air show and seeing an F-22 in action.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:46 PM

Haha Jeremy! You can't beat seeing friends. Pshhh airplanes.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Psh airplanes indeed.

Besides, my route takes us kinda by the airport. You might see some anyway.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:46 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Shannon and I are going of course.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm definitely coming to this! I'm not sure what my fiance's schedule is like at the moment, but she's most likely coming with as well.

Quick Reply: Westside Jamboree