Έλληνες Ιδιοκτήτες S2000 / Greek S2000 Owners Official Forum of Greek S2000 Owners. Greek Lovers are in great passion with the S2000!

Hi guys! Remember me?

Old 11-07-2014, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi guys! Remember me?

Hiya to all, but an extra big and friendly hello to all who I had the good fortune to meet personally during my time with my S2000 on the club outings (wow that was like 4 years ago now, right?). The wife and I (yes, I married Margarita eventually, after 12 years together! lol! Now we have two gorgeous girls too!) often remember fondly crossing the Rio bridge with you guys, even if youtube did cut the music off the video...grrrr. Anyway, sorry for the English, I just can't be arsed to switch keyboard language and fight with the Greek characters, some of us should be allowed to speak Greeklish cos we're foreign!!! So there ya go, you brought it on yourselves.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi again for a couple of reasons... first of all, the wife has now bought a jeep to ferry the kids around in, so I can sell the Ταπερακι (anyone interested?) and think about getting something serious again. I may even end up getting another S2000. I've been looking at 350Zs lately, but you never know.

So yeh, I've been looking around for a new car, and I thought I'd check out S2000 prices, and imagine my shock and disbelief when I clicked on an ad for a 2004 AP2 with 41000km, and see in the very first picture....

...MY OLD REGISTRATION PLATE!! ZMX 4969. That in and of itself isn't very surprising, until some of you may remember that my car was an 01 AP1, with 88.000km on it and an undiagnosed intermittent engine smoke problem when I sold it for about 7000... Here's the ad I'm talking about... http://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/view/5459908/

So yeh, aside from that minor shocker, I'm looking to unload my Type R and would possibly be in the market for another S. I'm looking primarily for a low km (60k or less) mama AP2, if anyone knows a goody. Take care friends, I'll stick my head in from time to time for at least a while, hope life is good for all of you.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:51 AM

Hey Jonathan!! Long time no see mate! It was a great surprise to see you posting again after so long time!!
Honestly, believe it or not, yesterday I was browsing the photos that you had posted from that excursion at Arahova/Nafpakto and was wondering how you would be doing mate!!
I wish you the best of luck on your new adventure to find a proper S, we all have been through that and all know how hard it can get
Old 11-07-2014, 05:55 AM

BTW have a look at this:
http://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/view/5636905/

Its a 2003 model, but the closest thing it can be to AP2. Everything is changed, even streering wheel unit and abs. It belongs to member maniatis so he can give you more details
Old 11-07-2014, 06:12 AM

Hey buddy! I'm so sorry I don't remember all your first names any more, if I get another s and hit up the meets I'll need reintroductions to most of you! That car is clean...and the engine only 7k on it! Maybe I'll have a word with Mr Maniatis, cos at that price I'll have quite a bit of change to spend on extras. Very interesting, thanks for that mate. What about my old car popping up though and being sold as something totally different... I guess I shouldn't be so surprised...
Old 11-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Jonathan,

Welcome back. As actinf said there are a couple of S2000's on sale from forum members including maniatis which is a good example. As far as your old car i am very curious to call him and ask if he has changed his engine or rebuilt it cause if it's the same i am going to report him on car.gr cause definately the km's he is mentioning are not real. I really hope you make a right choice on the car you are intending to buy
Old 11-08-2014, 12:12 AM

Thanks Fun, its so good to see this community still going so strong, seems like nothing has changed. This is something that really makes me want to get another S now, the support of great community is something that can make a really big difference to the enjoyment of a real sports car.

I had a major disappointment on a 350Z last week. Its the only 07 coupe on car.gr with 30k xlm, you won't have any trouble finding it...anyway, it was priced at 17k euro, we had talked quite a bit, and I was about to do the final ελεγχο and make the guy an offer of 16k (generous considering it needed tires all round, sitting for a couple of years), and then suddenly the guy stopped answering the phone and increased the price in the αγγελια to 20k. I eventually got hold of him and he said he'd found someone who would give him 19k. I was gutted. The car is everything it appears to be, με τα κερια απο κατο που λεμε. The guy has never ever taken it out in the rain. The underside of the chassis shiny bits are still shiny, amazing. Anyway, I don't think its worth 19k, so I told him to go for it, despite my disappointment, I have to understand I suppose, an extra 3 grand is an extra 3 grand in this εποχη που βρισκομαστε ολοι τωρα.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, you never know...I really am thinking I want another S now.

Am I judging our friend with my old car too harshly? I guess if he's changed enough stuff on the car, it could be justifiable to say its now 'a different car'. All I can say is buyer beware, that car cost me a lot and was eventually sold for peanuts.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:31 AM

i have that guy on my friend list at Facebook

welcome back Foxy and get an s2000 again
Old 11-08-2014, 01:38 AM

Giorgo (right? god I'm terrible at remembering names! Sorry if I got that wrong! lol), thanks man, and which guy, 350z guy or my dodgy old S guy...?
Old 11-08-2014, 01:44 AM

no no no you remember correctly my name

i meant your old s guy
Old 11-09-2014, 02:00 AM

edit: Cancel, I posted for thoughts in the appropriate thread belwo

Quick Reply: Hi guys! Remember me?