Puerto Rico S2000 Owners Puerto Rico S2000 Owners

Moving to PR

Old 01-19-2015, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to PR

It's time for me to make the move...

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get a car into PR?
Where to get work done like alignments, tires, etc?

Looking forward to meeting the guys of S2KI PR one day. I will not be shipping my car over until I find a house which will be around June...
Old 01-19-2015, 02:37 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Just put it on the boat in Jacksonville. Costs $1100. (Or so a 12 second Google search says...)

-- Chuck
Old 01-20-2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Just put it on the boat in Jacksonville. Costs $1100. (Or so a 12 second Google search says...)

-- Chuck

I appreciate you taking the 12 seconds to look that up for me (but I've already done that....). There is more to the process than just "put it on the boat". I was looking for someone who has actually had the experience with an S2000 of paying the excise tax and doing the paperwork.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:50 AM

Hi, we hope to meet you soon. It's always nice to add another S enthusiast to the group. As far as shipping goes that $1100-1200 sounds about right. The tax you're going to pay is gonna be around $4,000 +/- from what I've heard others have paid to import an S2K.

One helpful tool is the following link. This is the official website for our local tax office. If you enter your car's VIN number you should get an idea of the amount they would charge in tax at the port.

https://siscon.hacienda.gobierno.pr/...AW951Form.aspx

Let us know how it works out.

Jose
Old 01-21-2015, 08:44 AM

Well thank you Jose... I appreciate the link. I've used it before but it never seems to work...I put my vin in then it gives me an error. I try to call and it says for english press 1, so I do and it goes to all spanish LOL.. I'm gonna love moving to PR.. things are so laid back its awesome
Old 01-26-2015, 11:17 AM

LOL yeah you're either gonna love the life here or hate it! I love the weather, food, scenery and girls but as a businessman I hate the politics and layed back attitude of most of the workforce in both the government and private sector.

To be on the safe side I'd set aside $4-5K for import tax on the S unless you're in the military. Feel free to PM me with any other questions or concerns, I'll help as best I can.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by mafi
LOL yeah you're either gonna love the life here or hate it! I love the weather, food, scenery and girls but as a businessman I hate the politics and layed back attitude of most of the workforce in both the government and private sector.

To be on the safe side I'd set aside $4-5K for import tax on the S unless you're in the military. Feel free to PM me with any other questions or concerns, I'll help as best I can.
I have a feeling once I get settled it will be awesome...I keep hearing how if you have a headache take Advil and if you need medical help take JetBlue... LoL. I'm ready for the laidback lifestyle... the older I get the more I'm learning it's about living, breathing, experiencing life, love, and nature. Not always making lots of bank and having fake ass friends and family. Live and let live has always been who I am inside and on a relaxing beach with some kush or drink watching life is what everyone needs to get this world back into a compassionate environment for all that is living. To much death and anxiety on the planet. I need sunshine curvy roads water wind and sand.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:38 AM

just found out the excise tax on a 2005 Honda S2k... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!! $3400 excise tax + $1500 shipping=$4900 There has got to be an easier way.

acabo de enterar el impuesto especial sobre una Honda s2k 2005 ... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn !!! 3.400 dólares de impuestos especiales + $ 1.500 envío = $ 4,900 Tiene que haber una manera más fácil.

I hope google translate did me justice
Espero que el traductor de google me hizo justicia
Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 AM

That's f@#kING expensive. If you are coming for a couple of years (1-3) leave it at your parents house or someone you can trust. But if you are moving defenetly I will think about it. I think $5K is TOO MUCH.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:51 AM

1500 shipping? from where? i paid $900

Quick Reply: Moving to PR