S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

How much does it cost to change out the interior?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much does it cost to change out the interior?

I don't own an s2000 (yet) but Ive recently started to look at them more seriously. I found this forum and its great, I've learned a lot. The car is a little on the expensive side for me so I might have to realistically sacrifice a bit of my wants. (ideal 02' gpw/red). Anyways, I have found some cars at reasonable price with colors I do not like. For example an all blue 03'... ALL BLUE; carpets, seats, outside, looks like the kid that ate the blueberry candy in Willy Wonkas Factory.
I don't mind rolling in it as is for a while but I would prefer a black trim on the inside or all black.
So my question is: if I were to buy how much would it cost me to change it, how difficult is it and is it frowned upon in the s2k community
Old 02-17-2015, 10:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changing the interior isn't difficult, more time consuming. I would assume the Dash would be the most difficult job.

Used Pricing approximately.
Carpet = $150-250
Mats = $80-100
Seats = $700-1000
Dash = $300
Door Panels = $150
Center Console = $80

This covers most of the costs required to change out most of the interior.

People change interior's all the time.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You also need kick plates, knee panels, door sills, rear side panels, roll hoops, panels below the roll hoops, glove box, rear tray, rear tray sides, and the tray garnish.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
Changing the interior isn't difficult, more time consuming. I would assume the Dash would be the most difficult job.

Used Pricing approximately.
Carpet = $150-250
Mats = $80-100
Seats = $700-1000
Dash = $300
Door Panels = $150
Center Console = $80

This covers most of the costs required to change out most of the interior.

People change interior's all the time.
Thanks, this is a great place to start!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i bought a GPW MY01 AP1 a year and half ago because i want a white car with all red interior. so i purchased most of the interior parts new from dealer except passenger airbag cover and leather center console cover due to mint condition which cant be refused. all the parts cost me $5000. labor to install dash board is about 500 and roll hoops, rear tray, and secret department cost around 250. dashboard is the hardest part because you need to be careful while unplug all wires. steering column needs to be lowered while taking out old dashboard. once the dashboard is swapped, you need to adjust the column back and test drive the car multiple times. so it's not something i can do myself. also, i didn't want to deal with roll hoops because of my convertible top. it's PITA to install those things when you still have softtop. everything else is straight forward.

actually, i am stuck on the seats because i bought a pair of special seats. everything already cost me 10k and i still need to get customized side mounts and seat rails.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by diabloAP1
i bought a GPW MY01 AP1 a year and half ago because i want a white car with all red interior. so i purchased most of the interior parts new from dealer except passenger airbag cover and leather center console cover due to mint condition which cant be refused. all the parts cost me $5000. labor to install dash board is about 500 and roll hoops, rear tray, and secret department cost around 250. dashboard is the hardest part because you need to be careful while unplug all wires. steering column needs to be lowered while taking out old dashboard. once the dashboard is swapped, you need to adjust the column back and test drive the car multiple times. so it's not something i can do myself. also, i didn't want to deal with roll hoops because of my convertible top. it's PITA to install those things when you still have softtop. everything else is straight forward.

actually, i am stuck on the seats because i bought a pair of special seats. everything already cost me 10k and i still need to get customized side mounts and seat rails.
That sounds pretty terrible... I don't have enough spare change for that type of money.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people just throw black seats, floor mats, and door panel inserts in. Breaks up the blue and gives you a nice two tone look. You can probably find somebody with an all black interior that is looking to add some color and just meet up and swap them.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oats
You also need kick plates, knee panels, door sills, rear side panels, roll hoops, panels below the roll hoops, glove box, rear tray, rear tray sides, and the tray garnish.
Yes, if you are going from blue interior and wanted to get rid of all the blue, this is true.

Originally Posted by Oats
Some people just throw black seats, floor mats, and door panel inserts in. Breaks up the blue and gives you a nice two tone look. You can probably find somebody with an all black interior that is looking to add some color and just meet up and swap them.
Or this is always a good option.

I would keep looking till you find something that fits what you want though.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:50 PM

I'm 100% sure you'll be able to find someone that will swap parts with you. There are plenty of people like muah with full black interiors that would be stoked to switch it up.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:02 AM

I would personally consider using some of the black parts for your swap (dash, trim pieces) since they are more plentiful and will give the appearance of the later model (08-09) cars.

The GPW/Red 08-09 have a lot of black and they look great. Seat trim, seat hardware, trim plates, dash, center console and leather, door panels, etc. are black Only the carpet and main faces of the seat covers are Red (sides are black). Simple, clean looking and easier, not to mention cheaper to find all the necessary pieces.

08-09 Red Interior vs.
00-02 Red/Black Interior

Contemplating this approach for my 04 GPW/Tan which I'm looking to do a full interior swap on now.

Originally Posted by Jael_marshmellows
I'm 100% sure you'll be able to find someone that will swap parts with you. There are plenty of people like muah with full black interiors that would be stoked to switch it up.

Quick Reply: How much does it cost to change out the interior?