UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S200OOD

Old 03-30-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default S200OOD

I thought id waste some time sharing my s2000 with you. Ive had the car since 2002, its gradually had more and more mods hammered on. Heres a link to my old build thread

Following on this is the last time I used it.

2013 SLS -Super Lap Scotland at Knockhill racing circuit, Scotland. - 58s, 2nd in class C (Bad handling issues and bad driving made me lose out on 1st that day)

Thats an old TTS full race kit, c38-81 supercharger fitted on a standard F20c engine it made about 380whp.

In early 2014 I decided to check on the SC pulleys as i could see quite a lot of belt dust and metal shards and found problems. Consequently it's been off the road for a while now, slowly I've been rectifying, albeit very slowly!

It suffered from continuous snapped pulley bolts and bracket failures.

This time though it went further

it looks like the centre pulley bolt broke, putting stress on other components. the result was a mounting bracket that was written off and a bolt snapped off behind the timing chain cover.

Combined with an unexpected house/garage move its still not 'finished,' useable is probably a better work. thankfully during the house move I found this.

A bottom mount supercharger kit with larger c38-91 rotrex charger and all the trimmings.

So i Set about hammering that on with a few other new bits. Theres too many to list so ill let you play spot the differences.

first start up was pretty successful.

Motul oil being high viscosity ester oil is great for the driveway. Thankfully not long after I moved out of that garage driveway and relocated to Scotlands Secret bunker. I left the car for a while whilst seeking more car modification funding.

That pretty much takes me up to last week, where work began again.

Subframes replaced with new seem welded and collared items, new steering rack, tie rods, track rod ends, solid mounts, reinforced arms and probably loads of other stuff that i can't spell or remember.

Rear Subframe

with 700lb rears, down from 900

Northech custom 3" stainless steel vband exhaust, brings it down to about 98db

Far from the lightest solution, but needs must.

These are on order as even with huge brakes and 1120kg the front brake discs get a very hard time from race pads

SO Thats where Im at. Ive targeted this year as a testing year for my new charger setup. Ive got some pretty major plans for a genuine lightweight race car but that will be for next year. Those plans inlcude a Nixon motorsport shell loads of Carbon panels, plastic windows and an intricate set of HEL performances beautiful artery braided pipe work
Old 03-30-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just the nitron badge alone tells me the amount being spent in this steed. A
Old 03-30-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by razzele
it looks like the centre pulley bolt broke, putting stress on other components. the result was a mounting bracket that was written off and a bolt snapped off behind the timing chain cover.

I had exactly the same problem a few years back due to a fecked bearing in a pulley. To be honest I wouldn't feel comfortable using the standard TTS setup on any sort of race car, the bottom mount is the way to go and should be far more reliable.

I would *love* to have that sort of indoor space to work on my car.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got half his stuff residing in my shed, if it's ever collected he'll have no room left to work.

Good work Razz, as if the car colour isn't gay enough you put even Gayer coloured subframes on it.Cant wait for it to be all put together so me and Matt can blow you off.....so to speak.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been wondering where you were at with this, good going!
Old 03-30-2015, 11:58 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I like that comment, "luckily during the house move I found this..." A full SC kit... lol.

I wish I had finds like that!
Old 03-31-2015, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh ye old charger bracket snap! I've had two snaps so far

Looking good razz! Look forward to your build!!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:02 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Question for you guys suffering breakages on the TTS kit. We're they all version 1 brackets? Or were some v2? I'm getting a kit in the summer, which I intend to use for occasional track days, that's all.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did you go about cutting those front bumper fresh air ducts?

I think they look cool.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great thread Razz!! Sincerely put me off the TTS supercharger.

Quick Reply: S200OOD