Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Anyone in real estate? Looking for a nice area to purchase a home in DFW.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in real estate? Looking for a nice area to purchase a home in DFW.

Looking to purchase a 150k-180k single story home w/ garage in the DFW area. Any decent/safe areas in the DFW with nice homes in that price range?
Old 04-09-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaTRon
Looking to purchase a 150k-180k single story home w/ garage in the DFW area. Any decent/safe areas in the DFW with nice homes in that price range?
Lots of decent homes in that price range in the metroplex. We bought our second house last year (October) in Burleson, but looked at lots of houses for a few months prior to that. I don't have much to comment on homes in Dallas or its suburbs, as our search was centered around Fort Worth. We ended up in Burleson because its close to work, its a nice area with all of the convenience of a big city, but with a small town feel. We also looked at homes in Fort Worth, Keller, Saginaw, Watauga, and Arlington.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a certain city youre looking to be close by? That would definitely help, DFW is a huge metroplex.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've owned a mortgage company for over 30 years and can help you get into the home once you find it.

My website is more of an educational tool which can really help you keep from making a misteak.

Website

Facebook almost daily updates

We're a Top Tier Lender which means we normally can offer you more options than most lenders plus we'll spend time face to face helping you present yourself in the most positive manner so that you get the loan you deserve.

Last year almost 50% of our business came from people who'd been turned down by other lenders and yet we got over 80% of those people approved for the exact same mortgage, rate, term, loan program. This tells me they shouldn't have been turned down in the first place and that other lenders just do what's easiest for them.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:32 PM

I plan to buy a house in the next 1-2 years and have been reading up on it. There were several people on s2ki commenting on errors that were made throughout various parts of the process that either caused them to shell out more $$$, lose the bid on the house, or cost a lot of time all caused by the lendor, underwriters, etc. I wasn't aware how widespread of an issue that is but it is def something to watch out for. Good luck with your purchase!
Old 04-10-2015, 07:05 AM

What are your priorities (i.e. schools, safety, value, amenities, etc.)?

My sister moved back to Texas a few years ago, and did extensive research for the best DFW area for her needs.

She ended up in Azle. It has a stellar public school system, low crime rate, and housing is a value.

She recently purchased a home; 3bd/2bth, pool, 2car garage, huge lot........all for $117k!
Old 04-13-2015, 02:45 AM

Depends on where you need to be. Close to a job? $180k can get you decent stuff in some places and not in others. Also depends on your definition of nice mine certainly has changed over the years.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:48 AM

Looking for areas near central or a little north of Dallas. Seems like prices have gone up quite a bit lately.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:56 AM

With Toyota moving their HQ to Plano, just outside of Dallas, home prices will be going up in and around Dallas. If you don't mind a longer commute, you can still get a decent sized home/lot in the more rural areas.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:58 AM

Probably not many bargains in the area you're looking.

Quick Reply: Anyone in real estate? Looking for a nice area to purchase a home in DFW.