New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

MA Guys that worked at EMC?

Old 04-22-2015, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MA Guys that worked at EMC?

Are the guys from Ma that worked for EMC still active here? They used to go on my mohawk drives in the past. I have a question about EMC that I want to ask them.

BTW, Hi all - YES I still have my S2000. I think last time I took it out of the garage was last June for one drive around the block. I only have 28k on the clock. Yes sad indeed.

Hope all is hanging in there. I think we are due for another Mohawk or Wine Drive.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:57 AM

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,618 Posts

George.

I think Kenta works for EMC. I posted a link to this on FB.

Hope all is well. Is your little guy ready for college yet?

28K on the S? Sad indeed! We are over 80K and still hitting the road on a regular basis.

Hope all is well.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vinny and I both work for EMC... but if your question is hardware related then I probably wont be of much help. I work on stuff related to email retention and some of the backup software.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah, its actually employment related. I saw a job posting for a Data Center position. This is what I currently do at United Health Care but I am freaking bored of the place I am at right now.

Requisition ID 144592BR
Title Sr Project Mgr-Data Center Transformation (PS)

My questions will be related on how you like EMC and their benefits. I don't want to jump ship to just another boring place. I will email you some questions because I don't want comments on the open internet . Thanks Guys for the insight.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paivag
Nah, its actually employment related. I saw a job posting for a Data Center position. This is what I currently do at United Health Care but I am freaking bored of the place I am at right now.

Requisition ID 144592BR
Title Sr Project Mgr-Data Center Transformation (PS)

My questions will be related on how you like EMC and their benefits. I don't want to jump ship to just another boring place. I will email you some questions because I don't want comments on the open internet . Thanks Guys for the insight.

Gotcha. I can answer what I can about the benefits. Culture might vary building to building. I work in a smaller office in NH which is mostly software developers so the atmosphere is more lax than the main HQ buildings in MA.

Speaking of benefits I ended up moving Claire to my insurance. She works for UHC and all i can say is... if you work for a Heathcare company you'd think the insurance would be better!
Old 04-24-2015, 05:06 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I work in Pharma IT and EMC constantly takes us out to try and sell us on their products. I've known a few people that worked in EMC as an Outside Sale guy and some as IT. It seems to be a hit or miss as Kenta said, and it might heavily depend on the location/department. I do know a few people that are content but not thrilled there, pay is great though.

Overall I get a vibe that it's not a bad company to work for, good benefits, good pay. This is all just an opinion and a view as an outsider who had friends that worked in EMC.

Have you looked in the financial district btw? If you are looking for a challenge where you'll be working with top tier technology, Eze Castle Integration or sister company Eze Castle Integration Software is worth a look. I worked for them and we supported Small-Mid-Large Hedge Fund companies in Financial District and Back Bay. (It's a meat grinder though, younger crowd, and good-ish pay.) But you'll brush up on your skills so fast, you can jump elsewhere in no time.

Change is great and sometimes is a necessity but make sure that it's the right change for the right reasons.