S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit desirable extras

Old 05-07-2015, 03:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit desirable extras

Hi guys,

After reading the forum for a while I have decided to go with the Kraftwerks supercharger kit with the larger c38-91 supercharger and the standard 100mm pully so i can keep my 9k rpm redline.

I have read many informative posts on here about some of the pitfalls that members have experienced so I would like to avoid this as much as possible. The thread by Habitforming was especially useful.

Based on the reading I would like to ask:

1. Is it worth buying a SOS hard wire fuel pump kit to hard wire the included GRAMS fuel pump or is the the stock wiring and the things that come with the Kraftwerks kit good enough?

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index...ring-kits.html

2. SOS also sell a nice AEM fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator - are these nice additions to the kit or not really needed? My car is a 2005 (pre-DBW)

2. I've been reading that the standard dump valve included with the Kraftwerks kit is not the best so an upgrade is recommended. Which is the easiest value to install? I have read about a Forge unit that has no compressor surge so a link to the correct one would be appreciated. Would I need to buy any extra silicone pipe too?

3. I've read the IAT sensor should be moved to protect it from heat - again where is the best place to move it too and any extra piping or connectors needed to do so?

4. I plan to get the AEM Wideband sensor plugin for the AEM EMS v2 ECU - are there other sensors that are worth getting too?

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index...ontroller.html

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index...e-sensors.html

I don't really want lots of guages so was hoping to using something like Guage ART or the AEM iPad App.

5. I will buy T clips as recommended by Habitforming in his helpful thread,

6. I plan on getting an extra oil cooler too - are they all pretty much the same if a decent brand like Mishimoto, Sebrag etc? I was thinking of mounting behind radiator since I would like to keep front sides of the bumpers free for a cold air intake and maybe some brake cooling ducts.

Like this:
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...l-Cooling.aspx

Thanks for any pointers or tips.

Anees
Old 05-07-2015, 03:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1/ If you are only going to run pump gas then you can get away with stock wiring and grams pump. The SOS wiring is a good idea with a larger pump and E85

2/ You can also try the Tial QRJ which has a lot of attachment options
http://www.tialsport.com/index.php/t.../140-tialbvqrj

2/ You don't need the fuel rail if just running pump gas

3/ I did not move mine so not sure you really need to do this

4/ Boost pressure would be good but I also like the Bluetooth flashpro option and use your phone for gauges

I used T bolt clamps instead of worm anywhere I could. The oil cooler is up to you but I'm sure they are all good.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:01 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

IF you are shooting for over 400whp, I recommend the hard wire kit for the pump. AND, if you do hard wire, be sure to get the Pressure regulator. The rail isn't necessary unless you plan on shooting for over 500hp.

The extra amperage provided by the hard wiring can create pressures that the factory regulator can't handle. I ran into this with my car. Dropping pressure under boost is not a good thing.

As for the diverter valves, a lot of the VW guys have done research on the Bosch units (not sure what comes in the KW kit) and found them to flow better than most aftermarket units. The only downside is they seem to possibly not last as long. If you want an "upgraded" diverter, you would need to go with a turbosmart etc...Not worth it imo unless again, you are shooting for over 500whp.

As for the IAT sensor...Mine heat soaks BAD. I've done some datalogging, and it is substantial. But, after driving for 2 minutes it reads normal again. So unless you plan on parking, cranking it up and immediately racing, I wouldn't bother.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S2000442 summed it up well. On pump gas and up to about 350hp (conservative) you should be good with what comes with the kit. In my opinion it wouldn't hurt at all to get the FPR and rails. I'd personally get them with the kit. If you're going to get the -91 I'd definitely get the FPR.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2) KW sells two versions of their own dump valve. They say that the kit comes with the Bosch valve, but mine (-91 kit) came with the smaller of the two KW valves.

6) I installed a 25 row MoCal oil cooler on the driver's side just behind the intercooler opposite the supercharger oil cooler.

I also have brake ducts. I used the inlets from Wasp Composites and mounted the 2.5 inch hoses as high as I could before I got the KW kit. This worked out well when installing the KW kit. The brake ducts go just above the intercooler pipes.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 AM

Thanks for the tips guys.

@beechx1 - your setup sounds great. Any pictures of the oil cooler and duct installs?

Old 05-08-2015, 06:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Anees
Thanks for the tips guys.

@beechx1 - your setup sounds great. Any pictures of the oil cooler and duct installs?

Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 AM

Thank you for the pictures - really helpful