California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

In pursuit of getting another S2k

Old 05-07-2015, 03:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default In pursuit of getting another S2k

Hey guys.....So I sold my BB 05 s2k back in Feb 2014 and have been thinking of it ever since. I used to be a huuuge MKIV supra fan, but ever since I've owned an s2k, I couldn't care less 'bout the supra haha. There's definitely something special about these Honda's....Therefore, I will begin searching for a mint BB or NFR Ap2 starting July...Reason for the delay is b/c I'm a pharmacy student, so I'm preoccupied with studying for the board exams till end of June. Anywho, I'll be back in the scene once again! Looking forward to coming out to the meets in Roseville again, or wherever. Can't wait!!
Old 05-07-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome back!

More events are definitely on the horizon. I definitely need to get some meet and greets going again too.

If I see any BB AP2's on the local channels for sale, I will let you know.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-08-2015, 10:00 AM

mine is for sale
07 BB S/C AP2
Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Iri$h
mine is for sale
07 BB S/C AP2
Nice! Kinda hefty price tag. You mentioned it has a hx of 1 accident, does it hold a salvaged title? I'll follow up with you later on if it doesn't sell...
Old 05-11-2015, 10:58 AM

Clean title. Damage is cosmetic and limited to the clear bra.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:57 PM

Right there with you man! I sold my 04 Silverstone and have missed it ever since. Thought I wanted a Corvette or a 370z but nope, nothing IMO beats an S2K in terms of sheer driving pleasure, connectedness to the road and handling. Not to mention how she shifts and revs! So like you I went on a quest and just drove home my 07 BB AP2 with only 17k miles on it last night! Had to cast the search net wide and actually bought it private party in Ohio. Good luck, they go super quick so make sure your ready to buy when you start looking. And anyone who knows anything about the car knows how to price them. If you get lucky you'll have someone price them for bluebook.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by lounge2fly
Right there with you man! I sold my 04 Silverstone and have missed it ever since. Thought I wanted a Corvette or a 370z but nope, nothing IMO beats an S2K in terms of sheer driving pleasure, connectedness to the road and handling. Not to mention how she shifts and revs! So like you I went on a quest and just drove home my 07 BB AP2 with only 17k miles on it last night! Had to cast the search net wide and actually bought it private party in Ohio. Good luck, they go super quick so make sure your ready to buy when you start looking. And anyone who knows anything about the car knows how to price them. If you get lucky you'll have someone price them for bluebook.
Wow that's awesome! Did you drive it back from OH or was it delivered to you? I've noticed MANY s2k's with less than 20k miles are on the east coast. How did you arrange that transaction? I'm possibly considering doing something like that but am clueless on how to set it up. If you got it delivered, who did you go through and how much was the transporting fee?
Old 05-12-2015, 08:46 AM

No, I had it shipped form Ohio by some num nuts. They broke down before they got it and broke down in Salt Lake Friday with no estimated time of delivery. So I got on a plane and got her myself. Drove it back Sunday. I bought mine private party and spoke with the seller on the phone directly. He sent me the carfax, pictures and gave me the whole history of the car. I got a really good feeling from speaking with him and honestly, it takes trust. I wired him the money directly after we drafted a contract and both signed it. He filled out the CA DMV bill of sale and sent that and the title to me prior to shipment. If it wasn't for the horrible shipping experience the whole thing would have been super smooth! The transporting from Ohio was $1075 and they only gave me $100 discount for the trouble.

Originally Posted by s2krxx
Originally Posted by lounge2fly' timestamp='1431377848' post='23609156
Wow that's awesome! Did you drive it back from OH or was it delivered to you? I've noticed MANY s2k's with less than 20k miles are on the east coast. How did you arrange that transaction? I'm possibly considering doing something like that but am clueless on how to set it up. If you got it delivered, who did you go through and how much was the transporting fee?
Old 05-12-2015, 07:01 PM

^ Oh wow, that sucks you had that kind of trouble. I'm thinking I'll just fly out to the site and take a taxi to them. If its less than 1k miles, I may end up just driving it home myself. I know I'll rack up some miles that way, but I'm sure it'll be cheaper than paying over 1g for the transporting fee's.

Quick Reply: In pursuit of getting another S2k