UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Radio Code - Helpful Dealer?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Radio Code - Helpful Dealer?

Hi all,

I've just refitted by standard headunit and need the code for it. Been told I can do it using the serial number which I have, but the local Honda dealer is a pain to get to and want me to bring the car to them so they know I've not stolen it (Does anyone steal stock headunits from 13 year old cars?) - not using the car atm and even if I was I don't get very long for lunch.

Does anyone know a helpful honda dealer who'd be able to give me my code over the phone? Have the VIN for my car and the 8 digit serial no for the headunit.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 05-20-2015, 12:20 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostWKD
Hi all,

I've just refitted by standard headunit and need the code for it. Been told I can do it using the serial number which I have, but the local Honda dealer is a pain to get to and want me to bring the car to them so they know I've not stolen it (Does anyone steal stock headunits from 13 year old cars?) - not using the car atm and even if I was I don't get very long for lunch.

Does anyone know a helpful honda dealer who'd be able to give me my code over the phone? Have the VIN for my car and the 8 digit serial no for the headunit.

Cheers,
Alex
Just try phoning around, ones bound to be helpful. I had mine retrieved when I had the battery replaced by Rowes Honda, Truro. 01872 279631 I don't know if they will do it over the phone but worth a try.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by richmc
Just try phoning around, ones bound to be helpful. I had mine retrieved when I had the battery replaced by Rowes Honda, Truro. 01872 279631 I don't know if they will do it over the phone but worth a try.
No worries will give them a try and the local dealers around. Any idea which dept would be responsible? Servicing or parts I'd guess?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:20 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

If you haven't already done so, check the inside cover of the Owner's Manual (if you have it) - the Radio code may well have been noted down there.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
If you haven't already done so, check the inside cover of the Owner's Manual (if you have it) - the Radio code may well have been noted down there.
Unfortunately only have all servicing stuff from my ownership of the car - paperwork previous to me has been lost

Think I'm sorted now - luckily remembered someone buying Skyline parts from me worked for Honda and think he's going to sort me out
Old 05-20-2015, 01:57 AM
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by lovegroova' timestamp='1432113653' post='23618774
Unfortunately only have all servicing stuff from my ownership of the car - paperwork previous to me has been lost

Think I'm sorted now - luckily remembered someone buying Skyline parts from me worked for Honda and think he's going to sort me out
That's a shame (double check it's not sitting on top of the tool kit in the wheel well).
Old 05-20-2015, 02:21 AM

There's a chap at the Hemel Hempstead dealer who will do it for you if you mention you're on an owners forum. I can't remember his name though!

You could also try Dave Johnson at Steels Hereford.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:32 AM
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by S2KIP
There's a chap at the Hemel Hempstead dealer who will do it for you if you mention you're on an owners forum. I can't remember his name though!

You could also try Dave Johnson at Steels Hereford.
Dave Stroud at Hemel.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:41 AM

I thought it was Dave, but I couldn't remember 100% and I thought I may have been getting confused with Dave at Steels.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Cheers,
Alex

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

You will need the radio's serial number as well. With the ignition on, just hold the numbers 1 & 6 with one hand and press on with the other. Easiest way to do it is to have your phone recording the radio as you hold the buttons so you wont miss a number by not being able to write it down in time.

I dont know if this works overseas but this is how i got my code. They email it to you right away. Now just save it just in case and you're good to go

Quick Reply: Radio Code - Helpful Dealer?