S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Tire Coating/Shine Preferences

Old 06-22-2016, 08:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What products do you prefer and use?

303 Aerospace! Best product on the market! I use it on the top, interior, black trim, plastic, wheel wells, and tires.

Why is this the product you choose?

non-gloss shine, restorative, UV protection

Where do you purchase your product?

Amazon

Why do you purchase your product here?

price and free same day delivery.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

easily my favorites:

-tuf shine

-turtle wax jet black tire coating

Why I use them? because they leave an actual coating that dries and lasts months and not these oily sprays that only last for a little before they get washed off during the next car wash. Both require you to wash/scrub the tires properly(clean until the suds that come off the tire are white as you scrub). I would recommend tuf shine only for low profile tires as they can show signs on cracking on larger sidewall tires found on most trucks/vans. I would recommend turtle wax jet black tire coating for any application and is my preferred choice of these two. Turtle wax tire coating is very cheap to purchase and tuf shine is expensive(which is why I no longer use it since I've found turtle wax)

Where do you purchase? Autozone, advance auto, oreilly's(tuf shine can be found on amazon or tuf shine website)

Make sure to wear gloves when using turtle wax as it'll stain whatever it touches. I basically use an applicator pad or sponge, pour some on it, squeeze the pad to make it uniform and apply to the tire as needed. They say to keep applying in one motion and repeat until it's all coated to prevent streaks. But if you go back and forth over an area that's hard to reach, maybe around lettering you'll be fine. Just apply enough to cover the entire sidewall, then let it dry, maybe 20-30 minutes, and apply again. I do at least two coats, but sometimes 3.

I use this on both of my vehicles and the tires have never browned over the year. I typically wash once a week(600 miles a week driving) and only apply this tire coat twice a year. Leaves a nice satin finish that turns to more of a matte finish as the coating on the tire gets older. This is probably the only turtle wax product I will ever recommend.