California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Central California Merge with the Sacramento Section.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Central California Merge with the Sacramento Section.

Hello everyone! Myself and a couple of other CO has brought up the idea of merging the Sacramento group with our Central Valley Chapter. Since, both of the group don't have great activity by their members. Here is a summary of what the ideas are provided from one of our CO's.

cabba, Central CA's current CO, has been MIA for some time. I went ahead and put a nomination thread out there and let it run for two weeks, then posted the election thread for votes. After a week and two days, I just closed the election thread. Only two people voted, both for OZS2KCA. I thought that the Central CA community was more active but now I realize that I thought wrong.

My question now is - would it make more sense to merge Central CA with another region at this point? If so, which one? I'm a bit geographically challenged in this area, but am told that Central is primarily based in Fresno, which is about 171 miles south of Sacramento (3-hour drive) so the physical distance might not make Sacramento a logical choice. I'm also told that the Bay area is a pretty self contained set of sub-groups and would not be recommended for a merger with Central.

So maybe it would be best to leave Central as-is and assign OZS2KCA as its CO. IDK. Thoughts?

Chime in guys and let us know if you guys are ok with the merge? I think it's a good idea. That way we can plan more events and be more involved as a bigger group.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll support whatever you decide Mr. Oz, we like the way you lead.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:54 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

CC S2ki forum is usually dead but Sacramento activity is not that far behind. I like it that it is separate since Sacramento is not Central California and that's why there is a forum for each geographical area. I usually click on each forum anyway to see what activity there is since I live about in the middle to Sacramento and to Fresno.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

OIC. We could call it "Central California & Sacramento" so that it encompasses both areas while acknowledging that geographically, they are separate. Would that make sense? We are open to suggestions.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by JulieU
OIC. We could call it "Central California & Sacramento" so that it encompasses both areas while acknowledging that geographically, they are separate. Would that make sense? We are open to suggestions.
I like the idea! We have a very good group here in the Central Valley. The problem is that most of them have families now, or are too busy with their jobs. We usually come together for meets at least once a month or for our drives to our local scenic locations. Ill try to have them get on the forums a little more often.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Merge has been done. Thanks for your help everyone.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:14 AM

Good stuff everyone!