S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks C38-91 ... noise?

Old 06-18-2015, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kraftwerks C38-91 ... noise?

Hi Folks,

I've put about 1,000 miles on the KW kit so far. Started it up yesterday and started to hear a new noise so I shut it down and drove my other car into work. This morning I was able to take a quick video to include the sound - which sounds like it is coming from the belt system (but I'm not sure at this point).

Hoping to take the cover off tomorrow to see down in there, but thought i'd post up to see if anyone has heard/seen similar with their setups before?

Really hoping I didn't break the adapter as others have done.

Please let me know!

Thanks

https://youtu.be/ZVvbmm_rC5A
Old 06-18-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That dont sound good at all. Better check asap
Old 06-18-2015, 07:07 AM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Sounds kind of like a loose pulley.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first things I'd check are the condition of the belt (both sides!), and the condition of the pulleys. Maybe loosen the tensioner all the way so you can try each pulley by hand to see if it has excessive play or if the bearing feels bad while spinning it.

Also try to check the bolt that holds the mounting plate for the s/c pulley, the one that several guys have had fail. Maybe it's starting to go?

Did you install yourself, or did a professional shop do it?
Old 06-18-2015, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Did you install yourself, or did a professional shop do it?
Thanks guys, I'm hoping I may have time in a day or two to look into this. I had a professional shop perform the install (they're not very close to me). Thanks for all of the advice though, I need to open it up a little to see what's going on.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:13 AM

that noise came from the pulleys.. remind me when i broke the central bolt of the rotrex ( some guys happen here) but was more loud the noise. check the pulleys bro. there is the problem for me. ! good luck!
Old 06-25-2015, 03:47 AM

As an update, I was able to get the top cover off and the pulleys look like they're in OK shape. I'll try to get some pics over. After reviewing the pulleys and belts, I feel more confident that the blower may have broken a bearing or something as it sounds like its coming directly from the blower. Found this thread discussing something that sounds similar:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/713...otrex-charger/

I plan on contacting Kraftwerks today to see how I need to move forward with them and also trying to check the tensioner pulley as I've heard that's something that may potentially create a sound as well.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Based on that thread I'd get the charge pipes off in a hurry and inspect for metal shavings. Hopefully it didn't shoot metal through the motor. Have you pulled the intake elbow to see the condition of the impeller?
Old 06-25-2015, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Based on that thread I'd get the charge pipes off in a hurry and inspect for metal shavings. Hopefully it didn't shoot metal through the motor. Have you pulled the intake elbow to see the condition of the impeller?
I know ... I'm pretty worried at this point. I'll have time tonight to take the elbow off and inspect for shavings. Will be pretty scared if that's the case and after reading that post will not be starting the car anymore until I know more.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my kraftwerks kit blow up on me a couple weeks ago (the bolt that holds 1 charger pulley and 1 idler for AC system broke) I got the parts yesterday and reassembled it and now I have a very similar noise. Anyone ever figure out what it is?

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks C38-91 ... noise?