UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Wheels

Old 06-20-2015, 08:32 AM

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts
Default New Wheels

I keep thinking about some new wheels for the old girl , sort of settled on Rota Fighters in bronze the recommended fit of 17 x8 fronts et48 and 17 x9 rears et 50 , tyres another issue altogether .

But can I get some, no way, what a shower !, they don't have them and don't know if the containers that are on the way have any in . Like another shower of purveyors of parts they just seem to get the parts the manufacturers decide to send and then they still have no idea what's coming until the doors open , I find it incredulous in this day and age a container can be shipped without manifest and the purchaser have no idea what's coming.

Anyone got any other ideas for wheels that don't cost an arm and leg , and will fit nicely .

They do have white but not sure about having bright white with my creamy white car
Old 06-20-2015, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you chap, my S2 is off to have the geo at TGM at the moment and I thought new wheels at the same time, but no, can't find any. Might go down the enkei route from cyber speeds with the 0% finance they do.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems that there are not 9" in stock at the moment.
But you could go guys with 8" et44 on fhe rear. Enough width for 245 tyres and lighter than 9"
Old 06-23-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ruin
I'm in the same boat as you chap, my S2 is off to have the geo at TGM at the moment and I thought new wheels at the same time, but no, can't find any. Might go down the enkei route from cyber speeds with the 0% finance they do.
At least Enkei offer a very appropriate fitment for the S2000. Or 86, by absolutely no coincidence...
Old 06-23-2015, 09:53 AM

I am now looking at Enkei PF01 from LSD in the states , far better prices than UK and to be honest perfect sizes 17 x 9 et 60 and 17 x 8 et 50 , so protruding 11mm more than OEM and 1mm less clearance inside.

Ridiculous really but as usual the US gets a better deal

Toby Chippo has had 2 sets from them without problem delivered in a week
Old 06-23-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPO
I am now looking at Enkei PF01 from LSD in the states , far better prices than UK and to be honest perfect sizes 17 x 9 et 60 and 17 x 8 et 50 , so protruding 11mm more than OEM and 1mm less clearance inside. Ridiculous really but as usual the US gets a better deal Toby Chippo has had 2 sets from them without problem delivered in a week
Ditto. I bought that exact figment PF01s and they arrived from the U.S. in 4 days and £200 cheaper than UK suppliers! (Annoying my lad knocked one over on its face before I got them on the car, but now I've calmed down I realise that sh1t happens).

Funnily enough, I'm looking to rid myself of my old Rota Fighters in gun metal. They need work, one is pretty bad hence why I haven't posted FS. But if you want to take a look and assess yourself, PM me. (Actually you did a while back I think...)
Old 06-23-2015, 10:20 AM

LSD just quoted 1155 USD inc delivery for a better wheel , better fit Than Rota , after all Enkei supply Honda the OEM wheels.

There is tax of course but they mitigate this.

So all in not much more than the cheap Rotas , if they can be got , which they can't because none of the idiot UK suppliers know what they have bought and what's in the container that is on it's way some where ! Bobbing around on the deep blue sea .j

Shit does happen , Toby Chippo once was found with a brace and bit in his hands saying the tyre on the car is hissing ,laugh , he drilled a hole through side wall, what can you say !
Old 06-23-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just go for OEM 17's. They look great IMO and thats having done the after market wheel route.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:47 AM

Ordered Enkei PF01 for delivery mid July for 1100USD

I did consider the OEM route floppy not cheap even ones needing a refurb, they are Enkei any way

The PF01 are good sizes , using floppies recommended offset guide 17 x9 et 60 reduces inner clearance by 1mm and out side clearance by 11mm, 17x8 et50 gives the same reductions over OEM , so better than the Rota options less likely to have any problems at all
Old 06-25-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any idea how much import tax will be? I've not long ordered some CE28N's myself, Enkeis were my first choice but I wanted a split between SS rear and normal front, but they don't do matching colours unless it's black. So thought sod it.

Quick Reply: New Wheels