UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

JapShow 2015 - Sunday 5th July *

Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went in my S and I thought the whole day was brilliant, there's was a full days worth to do. I really enjoyed it and would deffinatly go again.

I was surprised at the ticket prices I thought it would actually be more. My boyfriend and I went to a stock car race meeting the night before (5:30pm - 11:00pm) and that was about £5 more than the ticket prices at Santa Pod for the whole day.

The entertainment was fantastic, you could of taken your S2000's up the stip, put them in the show and shine, or on the rolling road like I did..

We counted 14-15 S2000's and they were all in good condition. I managed to park mine up on the back fence in the afternoon after being on the rolling road and it gathered quite a crowd. At least 5 people spoke to me about my S just whilst I was in the queue for it saying how clean and tidy it is.

I spoke to numerous owners all of which had nothing but praise for the show. There was more than enough to do, I was gutted that rain stopped play, I could of easily spent about her 2-3 hours there.

Not only were people taking their own pride and joys up the strip, they were taking them round the agility track too, or on the rolling road. There was a good variety of stalls (all of which were busy) the show and shine and club stands, the front wheel drive drag series, fun fair, for sale pen, stunt shows, drift demos, and even the sun came out for a bit of a sunbath on the bank!! So I don't know if the above people were at a different show or not haha.

I will certainly be going again. As this wasn't just a 'static' show, I'd certainly want a club stand next time, and so did a few owners I spoke to on the day.

Just thought I'd apply a bit of positive feed back, as the day wasn't negative at all and Manu people thought early enjoyed the day.. Not just cause they didn't like someone's wheels.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad you enjoyed it! i guess we were just expecting too much, but theirs only so many cars you can watch going up a drag strip, and so many cars you can watch drifting around a very small circuit before it gets a bit boring!

But still think £18 each was a tad expensive for what it was, yes we could of gone up the drag strip in our car, but unless you have a highly modified car and want to see what difference its made its a bit of a waste, its also not cheap to go up the strip for what it is! Could of also had a passenger ride in the drift car, but again for 30 seconds or so, that's not cheap either for what it is!

and i guess we have difference of opinion on what good condition is, yes their was 1 or 2 good s2000's but majority of them had dents, scratch's rust on arch's scuffs, bad roofs, and badly aligned panels, even the nice grey one had a big dent near the door handle, look nice until you get up close and have a good look at them!

But after a 2 hour drive, as we said it was disappointing for what it was.