UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I Do Not Believe It!

Old 07-02-2015, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Do Not Believe It!

After deciding to remove a less than flattering body-kit fitted on my 02 S2000 before I purchased in Feb this year it I took it in to the body shop and left it for the week collecting it on Friday 26th (see separate thread ''leave or remove'' for details pictures etc.) was warned to be careful as paint would still be a little green so left it on drive to be safe.

Such a nice day yesterday decided to take car into town, roof down and drive in was great loving the car in many ways.

I carefully parked up in a car park making sure to be away from everyone, only to return to find some inconsiderate has scratched the drivers side door with what looks like a bag, or walking stick or something like, deep scratch so wont polish out .

Don't know if you find the same but I can park in the middle of an empty car park in the furthest most point from entrance and exit and away from everyone only to come back to find either vans, SUV's or 4x4's parked each side of me yet there are still spaces everywhere else on the park! .

I am going to try and live with the scratch for now, not sure how that will work out so we may have another trip to the bodyshop coming up.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks dude. Scratches and chips will happen sooner or later, if you use your car then it can't be avoided. It does suck that it happened so soon after getting a fresh coat of paint though. Put the roof down, go for a drive, vtec when appropriate and you'll soon feel better.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:41 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

That is so fucking annoying. As well as being perfectly typical...

It's one reason I try to leave 'patina' on mine - as soon as you get it immaculate, shit happens again.

If you've got the compounding gear, it might be worth having a go at minimising the scratch so your piss doesn't boil every time you get in the car.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:13 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Yes, car owners are herd animals - you park in a whole row of empty spaces miles from anywhere and you will be guaranteed to come back surrounded by a ring of cars with acres of parking elsewhere!
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain. I always park as far away as possible from any other cars and on this particular day there was no one around in the area I chose. An hour later a car was parked to the left of me and this was what greeted me on the right hand side!!

Old 07-02-2015, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by kw_21
I feel your pain. I always park as far away as possible from any other cars and on this particular day there was no one around in the area I chose. An hour later a car was parked to the left of me and this was what greeted me on the right hand side!!

Ouch, I have had this before too, totally agree with everyone about the parking in middle of nowhere only to find some barsteward has parked right up against me.

The last one that did this was a Merc, dent in my door with corresponding paint on his door edge... I sorted the f ckr with some heavy handed punches to his front door, rear door and his rear wing before I left... and added a message to his windscreen about parking too close to anyone again.

Oh and there was at least twenty ish spaces all around our two cars !

Sick to death of a holes
Old 07-02-2015, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by kw_21

Ouch and I thought my smallish scratch was bad. its just that I consider myself an enthusiast and like the car to look good, I respect other peoples cars when I park next to them and would hope that they would do the same obviously I live in cloud cuckoo land as far as that statement is concerned.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

they should offer reactive paint like that armour on tanks

you ding it, it explodes a small localised incediary, enough to maim maybe

muthafunkas

my M3 got a very deep scratch in the drivers door. Not had it fixed yet but £400 ish is the quote. wankers
Old 07-02-2015, 12:50 PM

Same happened to me. I had a new rear bumper after someone rear ended me and within days someone drove into it in a car park. No note of course....
Old 07-02-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the herd mentality doesn't make any sense to me. I've parked in the middle of nowhere for a reason, what in all hell inspired you to park right next to me?

Quick Reply: I Do Not Believe It!