UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aston Martin Big Brake Kit £950- Register Interest now!

Old 09-01-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

In my experience, I had endless rouble getting information from K-Sport. Contacting them several times to get details on what pad I would require to replace existing ones. Also could not give me any info on discs apart from there own.
At best I had an option of 2 different pads and replacement rotors from K-Sport only.

Not saying others dont fit, but that was the reply I received directly from K-Sport.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
What price without the brake pads?
Still waiting for confirmation price for 5 kits. As mentioned, hope to match the price for 10+ kits.
If you wanted without discs or pads, £800.
With disc but not pads, £900.

Once final price agreed with suppliers, all prices will be confirmed and posted in the For Sale section as a group buy.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddow
In my experience, I had endless rouble getting information from K-Sport. Contacting them several times to get details on what pad I would require to replace existing ones. Also could not give me any info on discs apart from there own.
At best I had an option of 2 different pads and replacement rotors from K-Sport only.

Not saying others dont fit, but that was the reply I received directly from K-Sport.
I know it's difficult, but I find that measuring the disc opens up a world of options.

PCD, offset, centrebore, bell radius, overall disc radius, disc thickness.

Armed with these, you can get anyone to get you a disc
Old 09-02-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question how much better is this kit compared with oem. Does improve braking distance/cooling etc ir I'm better save my pennies and go spoon?
Yes I'm a crazy driver and I abuse my car on track so braking it's very important for me
Last track day I only cracked a disk
So any info about this it will be great
Old 09-03-2015, 03:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickard1982
Question how much better is this kit compared with oem. Does improve braking distance/cooling etc ir I'm better save my pennies and go spoon?
Yes I'm a crazy driver and I abuse my car on track so braking it's very important for me
Last track day I only cracked a disk
So any info about this it will be great
I would go the dixcel discs and pad route with OEM calipers.

Keeps the brake balance the same but gives a significant increase in stopping power and a massive increase in fade resistance.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Yes they spent millions on R&D for an Aston Martin. So the lug mounts, the colours, the temperatures would all have been APPLICATION SPECIFIC!
But the caliper mount deflection, stiffness/weight, stiction characteristics and seal groove shape will probably not be (groove shape tends to change for race-use only calipers mind).
And they are the main performance/quality differentiators for a caliper aside from beam width.

There's little real issue with leaving the inner disc area unswept apart from it being a bit of un-needed weight - shifting the pads to the outside will actually increase the friction levels due to the leverage increasing - you'll usually see similar on race cars and bikes which have limited disc sizes, they will run very long but narrow pads to get more power out of a given size.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:13 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by har-vey' timestamp='1440865130' post='23730464
[quote name='Ultra_Nexus' timestamp='1440690593' post='23728439']
[quote name='har-vey' timestamp='1440658581' post='23727933']
second to this its a K-sport kit the the quality of the calliper isn't going to be the same as the Brembo.
And you know this how?
Have you measured the rigidity of either caliper or are you speaking through your ar5e?

That's a rhetorical question BTW
Sorry just the fact that Brembo and Aston Martin will have spent millions on the D&D where K-sport wont have. I've never seen any OEM use a K-sport calliper! I'm not saying the K-sport is crap but i don't "believe" it will be of the same quality..... Happy now

Also just wanted to point out that Aston Martin GT4 cars still run this exact calliper.

There really are some b1tchy people on here, everyone should lighten up.
[/quote]
Yes they spent millions on R&D for an Aston Martin. So the lug mounts, the colours, the temperatures would all have been APPLICATION SPECIFIC! So now your taking a caliper from an Aston Martin and sticking on an S2000 on a disc where 1/3 of the surface area is unswept.

[/quote]

what has the swept area on the disk (may I add this is a Alfa disk) got to do with the performance of the calliper? Aston pads are clearly smaller than the Alfa this disk came from...... not sure how this affects this kits performance though.

I think the real comparison should be between the s2000 oe swept area to this kits swept area. Not the unused swept area on this particular disk.