UMW Market Forsale forum. Members only.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS/FT: 1997 Mazda Miata

Old 07-16-2015, 01:19 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts
Default FS/FT: 1997 Mazda Miata

I'm looking to sell (or trade) my 1997 Mazda Miata. I'll post some quick specs below and after that give a much more thorough description of the car:

133k Miles
Five speed manual
Stock 1.8 DOHC Engine
Recently replaced soft top, no tears.
New wheels/tires.
Tons of recent maintenance work.
30+ MPG.
NO RUST.
Located in Menomonee Falls, WI.

As above, the car is a '97 Miata, featuring the stock 1.8l DOHC four cylinder and five speed manual. The suspension is stock as well, along with pretty much everything else on the car.

The exceptions to that are:
-Wheels/tires. I recently put 15x8 +25 Konig Wideopens on the car, along with 205/50/15 Dunlop Direzza ZII. These are aggressive in size, however they do not rub/scrape and from my research, this is a size that Spec Miata drivers are a big fan of...and they know better than I when it comes to these cars.

-Headlights. I replaced the stock lights with Cibie E-codes with Hella H4 bulbs, MUCH brighter/better visibility than stock, greatly improve driving safety at night.

-Sunvisor delete, a must have for any taller people who would like to drive the car comfortably.

-Aftermarket stereo, an old Panasonic unit, plays MP3 CD's, has remote, works well.

-RMagic shift knob, could keep for myself, also have stock knob.

-Aftermarket gauge backing, white with blueish/green back lighting, lighting flickers over bumps, I was going to go through this over the winter, however I don't drive the car enough to be effected by this much.

On to more details about the car, as mentioned above it has NO RUST, an increasingly rare feature in Miatas, especially in the Upper Midwest. The top was replaced a couple years ago by the previous owner, I've not yet experienced any leaks the one or two times I've been caught out in the rain.

I had a considerable amount of maintenance done on the car about a month ago, this included:
-New timing belt & water pump
-New NGK spark plugs & plug wires
-New OEM Mazda Valve cover gasket
-New OEM Mazda Camshaft seals as well as an OEM Mazda crankshaft seal
-New battery w/ OEM Mazda battery tie down
-Amsoil Synchromesh in the transmission, Amsoil Gear oil in the differential
-New coolant
-ATE Type 200 brake fluid

Issues with the car:

-As previously mentioned, the gauge lighting flickers at night (all other lights are not impacted by this)
-Some dings/dents/scratches
-Paint peeling on rear finish/license plate panel
-Wear on driver's seat bolster.
-Windows go up/down slowly

The car is rock solid and I'll be sad to see it go, it is as fun & reliable a car as one can ask for for anything near this price point.

Price is $4500 OBO.

I'm happy to take more pictures if requested, let me know what you'd like pictures of and I'll get them to you ASAP.

Please PM if interested.

ONLY trade I have interest in is for a Honda S2000, mileage & title status do not matter; I'm willing to put cash on top of course.

Thank You!

Pictures:

Updated pics (7/12/15):

Driver's Seat:

Passenger seat:

Excuse the filth, I haven't cleaned the car in about a month.

(Note: That is a shadow on the air bag/steering wheel, not some weird fade pattern. Though the 'rim' itself is worn.

Car can be had with or without the apparently hugely shiny RMagic shift knob.