California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Malibu canyon drive (SoCal) FRIDAY Sep 11, 2015

Old 08-15-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Malibu canyon drive (SoCal) FRIDAY Sep 11, 2015

Details at the link. We have 21 cars total confirmed (no maybes!) for this FRIDAY drive, so there is room for more. Come south a day early and spend an extra day to play in LA.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/112...y-sep-11-2015/
Old 08-17-2015, 11:10 AM

For the person who thought this post "looks and reads suspicious," I would like to know what you meant, so feel free to PM me. Your post was deleted (by either you or someone else), but I still got emailed that you posted.

I currently organize quarterly drives in SoCal with a group of other local drivers. Mostly S2000s go, but these are non-denominational. I have been organizing these drives for more than 5 years now. There is nothing suspicious or nefarious about the upcoming Sept 11 Malibu Drive or any of the quarterly drives we run. The quarterly drives are known as the EOQ Drives (EOQ=End Of Quarter). We used to do EOM (End Of Month) but it got to be too much to try and run one every month so we switched to quarterly. You can read about them in the SoCal region of the forum here. The next EOQ Drive (last Sunday in September) will be out near Ojai for a change of venue since we are doing Malibu on the 11th.

This is a serious post about an actual drive being organized on Friday September 11. This is not a fake or "decoy" event (I had no idea that was even a thing until someone asked me). Who the heck has time for that kind of tom-foolery in their lives? Not me!

So if for some reason some people happen to be in the LA area for *whatever* reason they might be traveling to the area, I'm letting you know that there will be a drive on Friday where a bunch of S2000s and a few other Honda/Acura and other vehicles will be attending. If you want to attend, sign up.

That's all this is about.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would love to go but start school that day. have a fun safe drive
Old 08-17-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like fun, but won't be able to make it Friday.

as for whatever people are speculating, they're probably just being cautious. unfortunately, forums aren't private and only frequented by enthusiasts.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
sounds like fun, but won't be able to make it Friday.

as for whatever people are speculating, they're probably just being cautious. unfortunately, forums aren't private and only frequented by enthusiasts.
Well, conspiracy theorists need not apply. It's highly unlikely a moderator with a lot of posts and who regularly organizes drives and who people have met in real life is actually CA LE trying to lure unsuspecting visitors into a speed trap.

*smh*

Our group has been organizing safe, sane, but very enjoyable spirited drives for several years. If people were getting hurt or getting targeted by LE because of it, I would have stopped doing it.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Roseanne tried to steal my center caps. I HAS PROOFS!

Disclaimer: The above post is sarcasm and meant as humor. For those not being able to spare 1 minute to research before posting conspiracy theory claims, this is not confirmation of chemtrails or bigfoot. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't know what the other person(s) posted, but it surely couldn't have been that serious. if so, that's unfortunate.

have fun on the drive. we have LEO members up here. sure you do too. things will be fine, as long as people don't get carried away.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I was going to be down in LA in time to make this drive, I would definitely do it.

Nothing to worry about here folks
Old 08-17-2015, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It should be an amazing drive, I would go if I could've made it in time
Old 08-17-2015, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fokker
Roseanne tried to steal my center caps. I HAS PROOFS!

Disclaimer: The above post is sarcasm and meant as humor. For those not being able to spare 1 minute to research before posting conspiracy theory claims, this is not confirmation of chemtrails or bigfoot. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

I'm gonna effin' KILL you, Mike! Then I'm gonna steal your MR2.

Not because I want it, but because I is da master o'r da mid-engine. (and a sucker for lost causes!)

(same disclaimer as above)

Quick Reply: Malibu canyon drive (SoCal) FRIDAY Sep 11, 2015