UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Beware of this s2000

Old 08-25-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of this s2000

Hi guys, Iv been into my s2k's for some years now, have about 6 in total, I live in Belfast and went to Edinburgh to one..... Well here's the full story....

Just over a fortnight ago I bought a black s2000 on ebay. The chap (Kevin Forshall a member of the Edinburgh capitals ice hockey team ) contacted me straight away and wanted £200 deposit and insisted it be sent "family and friends". Fair enough I thought, after all he had 100% though only 16 transactions.

The car itself was described as good condition all round with very few bad points at all. There was a mention of a slight dent on the wing but said this never bothered him because it was so slight. So I booked flights to Edinburgh and off I went. When I got to the car I was horrified . The car had been in a serious previous accident and whoever repaired it had welded on a new quarter panel but not allowed enough gap for the drivers door to close properly. It had also been crudely bolted to the car and then the bolt heads had been isopon'd over. It didn't stop there.... The slight dent on the wing turned out to be a major dent on the wing and the wheel arch was busted out of shape and was covered in rust.
All four wheel arches where rusted and there was dents and under-paint rust all over the car. He had also promised in the ad to have the car "clay barred" (now if anyone had went to clay bar this car they would have been in for a shock.) he had also promised in the ad to service the car which was not done and also an abs sensor which guess what was not done.

When I pointed all this out he played dumb saying that nobody had ever said it was a bad car. I asked for my deposit back and he came up with some bull about not trusting his phone to send money. 2 weeks and about 50 excuses later I still have not recieved my deposit back and I'm obviously out the money for the flights also. Paypal says they can't refund the deposit because it was sent "family and friends" hence why he asked for it to be sent that way.

Kevin Forshall also owns KF electrical business in Edinburgh so I find it hard to believe him when he says he can't afford to give the deposit back. He also told me that he had the car sold before but the buyer was "a time waister" I'm guessing he saw the car and was put off.

I have included pictures of the car and the description, I regret I didn't take pictures of the car when I went to pick it up but I was just so in disbelief.

I urge you to share this post especially with anyone you know in the Edinburgh area or is into s2000's . Hopefully they won't get caught out with this car and seller. As I'm now £540 down I'd be happy with my deposit back but Kevin obviously has other ideas.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:14 PM

Sorry guys il ad pictures from my laptop shortly
Old 08-25-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Moving to appropriate regional forum.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:09 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

I still maintain, if you're going to travel for a car ....make sure it's a known good one first. Sorry you got bent over on this one
Old 08-25-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've read lots and lots of Paypal stories like this too with 'gifting' the money. Always, always send it as a proper transaction and add the correct fee amount so the seller gets the number they want. It's worth is for the sake of costing yourself a couple of quid for the protection.

Real shame mate. Details on the car would be useful for others, reg etc.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Chargeback ??
Old 08-25-2015, 11:47 PM

Why do you have "about 6 S2000's" is surely the real question here?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:11 AM

Small claims court?

Contact the hockey team / newspapers that are local to him. Maybe they would rather not have one of their players getting famous for being a scamming bellend.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:24 AM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by japcrap
Why do you have "about 6 S2000's" is surely the real question here?
Nice get some pics up
Old 08-26-2015, 12:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Registration would be useful.

Quick Reply: Beware of this s2000