UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust/Manifold...

Old 08-30-2015, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust/Manifold...

Hey all...

Just wondered if anyone in the UK had fitted aftermarket exhaust and/or manifold and if so, what brand/model... how do you find it (noise wise, performance, anything else)?

Looking at some options, but want it to be road legal noise limit wise, sound nice, but also not perforate the ear drums after a while lol.

Any thoughts/info would be great.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tons of people have got aftermarket exhausts fitted. There's a huge choice but the most popular are probably Invidia, Hks, Mugen, J's Racing etc. A search on here or on Google will offer up a load of results.

You won't be able to safely run a full system with manifold unless you change your management/ecu and get it mapped to up fuelling a bit. Earlier cars run a bit richer but a cat back system with or without decat and an intake is the most you could really get away with on a stock edu without affecting the afr too much

As a side note, I run a J's Racing 70rs with decat and its pretty loud without silencer bungs in. My previous hks hi-power was a nice level but doesn't give any performance gains
Old 08-30-2015, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Search "official header thread" and "official exhaust thread". Loads of great info.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:56 PM

Best manifold you can buy is a Js racing, there are plenty of other manifolds on the market. As stated above there is numerous choices for cat back. All depends on what you are after, I.e is it your daily do you do long journeys. As that will make choosing your exhaust easier once you decided that.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by dan lewis
Best manifold you can buy is a Js racing, there are plenty of other manifolds on the market. As stated above there is numerous choices for cat back. All depends on what you are after, I.e is it your daily do you do long journeys. As that will make choosing your exhaust easier once you decided that.
No its not
Old 08-30-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth
No its not
what is then?
Old 08-30-2015, 02:03 PM

What would be the best then...
Old 08-30-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by RobAp1
You won't be able to safely run a full system with manifold unless you change your management/ecu and get it mapped to up fuelling a bit. Earlier cars run a bit richer but a cat back system with or without decat and an intake is the most you could really get away with on a stock edu without affecting the afr too much
Pure b0llocks.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:16 PM

The OEM manifold is a good design but is made from lead such is it's weight!

Internet splooge will probably say HyTech makes the best S2000 manifold but then you'll read stories of 250whp from cams intake and HyTech header and it all becomes a bit unicorn.

I can't actually remember, but there were comparitive dyno maps put on of a popular manifold that got rave reviews but actually lost you power!

The PLM is the manifold I'd go with. It's a J's clone, the workmanship is quality and you can get it with a decat for about £400.

You will probably need to fit an engine damper to use it, but since the engine damper actually GENUINELY improves engine response, it's something you should be doing anyway.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:12 PM

As above. Hytech FTW

To add onto what UN said, If my memory serves the spoon header is the one which looses power over Oem.

Quick Reply: Exhaust/Manifold...