UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Rob's '02 SIlverstone

Old 09-20-2015, 01:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rob's '02 SIlverstone

Like many others, I've been on here for a while but never put up a build/progress thread until now. I've done a fair bit of stuff but i'll try to keep it fairly brief.

I bought the car in April '13 with full dealer history, totally standard apart from an unknown aftermarket exhaust which was later revealed to be an HKS system once I cleaned the grime off it.

This as about the earliest picture i've got

Despite saying I'd keep it standard, I soon got the bug back and started to hunt for and collect various bits & pieces. I won't bore with the details of what I bought and when but I've been constantly adding to the car and developing it to be more fun on road and track ever since my first session at Snetterton in summer '13

Since Snetterton well and truly got me hooked, i've done several more trackdays and it's pushed me on to make the car a bit less wobbly for track so i can keep up with the rest of our little group!

Little bit of Cadwell park from early this year

The current state of play/mods and shiny bits so far is:

Engine - J's Racing 70RS dual exhaust with DMS decat, J's Racing ECU, K&N FIPK with DIY heat wrapped housing, Delta lime EGR & air pump delete kit.

Chassis: Enkei PF01/PF01SS wheels with RAYS Duralumin wheel nuts & Yokohama AD08R's, MeisterR Zeta R coilovers with 10kg springs, Fast road/track geo, Mtec grooved discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads & custom brake cooling ducts all round, Tegiwa brake stopper

Interior & tarty bits: Carbon fibre OEM style spoiler, Flybikeslee front splitter & side strakes, Buddy Club P1 seats on superlow rails, Personal Neo Grinta suede steering wheel & matching gear gaiter, Spoon wide angle rear view mirror, Spoon reservior socks, DIY re painted rocker cover in factory red/black, feels billet aluminium oil cap

Currently at this stage. Excuse the dull pic but for some reason, I have very few recent pictures of my car but i'll try to change that soon!

Comments, input & criticism welcome as always!
Old 09-20-2015, 03:57 AM

How do you get past the noise limits at track days with a J's Racing 70RS?!
Old 09-20-2015, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248
How do you get past the noise limits at track days with a J's Racing 70RS?!
I was worried about the noise but it goes through every time surprisingly! At snetterton it actually tested quieter than my old hks system. I was 88db compared to 91db with the hks. The marshalls at Cadwell commented on how loud it was on the overrun though!
Old 09-20-2015, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good.

Any photos of the interior?

Did you buy it with a facelift bumper or did you have one fitted?
Old 09-21-2015, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by heymynameismark
Looking good.

Any photos of the interior?

Did you buy it with a facelift bumper or did you have one fitted?
Cheers! The only pic i have to hand is this one when i fitted the seats a little while back

I've changed a few other bits since so i'll make the effort take some more pics soon.

I bought the car with that front end on it. I didn't realise when i first bought it but i prefer it to the pre-facelift actually.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:49 AM

For some reason, the pictures seem to have vanished but i'll get back to that at a later date!

Just an over winter update on some odd jobs I'm in the midst of.

- I've got spoon calipers and HEL braided lines going on any moment
- The garish aubergine wheels are no longer garish aubergine
- I'm attacking the exhaust manifold and quite likely my forearms and other extremities with some super itchy exhuast wrap
- Rocker cover is coming off to modify the top baffle plate for improved oil drainage

They're the marginally interesting bits I can think of off the top of my head. I've probably forgotten something but I'll hopefully get round to another update and some pics soon
Old 02-02-2016, 06:48 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RobAp1
- I'm attacking the exhaust manifold and quite likely my forearms and other extremities with some super itchy exhuast wrap
Dear god use rubber or heavy duty gloves, that stuff went through my mechanix gloves easily and is really f*ing annoying to get rid of!

- Rocker cover is coming off to modify the top baffle plate for improved oil drainage
Sounds interesting, i presume its because of your on track activities?
Old 02-02-2016, 10:53 AM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

The garish aubergine wheels are no longer garish aubergine
Old 02-03-2016, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
Originally Posted by RobAp1' timestamp='1454413789' post='23869121
Dear god use rubber or heavy duty gloves, that stuff went through my mechanix gloves easily and is really f*ing annoying to get rid of!

Sounds interesting, i presume its because of your on track activities?
It's exactly that, yeah. Under prolonged left hand cornering, oil pools on top of the baffle plate and end up being drawn up through the pcv breather back into the inlet. I've got a small'ish inline filter at the moment which catches a fair amout of oil so i'm hoping that allowing the oil to drain from the baffle will ease the problem.