Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Bran_S2K Build Thread!

Old 10-06-2015, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bran_S2K Build Thread!

Hey guys, nice to meet the community.
My name is Brandon! Ive always wanted to start a a build thread ever since i got the car back in 2012 during my senior year.
This is the first car I've ever owned and really had no experience in automotive whatsoever. Im just learning as i go
-----
This is a 01' Berlina Black with an 02 motor swap. We bought it with a clean title with paperwork to the swap.

Attended the first NorCal Mega Meet. Saw some pretty cool cars!

-----

It was kept mostly stock for about two years, then the mod bug hit!

Mods:
- SBC RPF1
- Ap2 Bumper with em lip

Soon after i decided i wanted my hood vented since i was bogging like crazy!!

Missed out on the second annual Mega Meet, but attended the third

Picked up a Wasp Splitter, but that didn't last very long due to the hardware...

This trip was amazing! Over 100 S2000s showed up to Sonoma Raceway and we did parade laps around the track!

-----

Oct 4,2014

After a few months, as i was driving along the freeway, i started to hear something scraping along the floor.
I pulled over as soon as i could and when i looked underneath the car, my lip and splitter had fallen off and i was dragging it along the freeway.

Not too long after i picked up a brand new OEM CR lip! My buddy also happened to be parting out his car at the time, so i HAD to pick up his wheels!!

Mods:
- OEM CR lip
- Te37SL
17x9 +22

Now i know these wheels were definitely not going to fit stock fenders, but the previous months i was already contemplating on cutting my quarter panels to go wide body! I test fitted everything on and was happy to say that i was in love!

-----

Feb 2015

After waiting 4 long months my J's Front & Rear fenders finally arrived at my doorstep! Not too long after my car was headed to the shop ready to go!
I decided to shave the side marker holes on the Js fenders cause i wanted to go for a much "cleaner" look.

-photo taken at the Bay Area S2KI Showoff. April 2015 thanks to MoMoHitsTheSpot

-----

Not too long after that i messaged Marcos from MoMoHitsTheSpot if he was ever going to part out his bumper. He reluctantly did!
This was a bumper I've always been fond of ever since i came across it on S2ki back in 2012!

Mods:

- Authentic Sorcery Bumper (FRP)

I took it to my buddies shop, Diamond AutoBody. Kimxon, the fabricator, molded the bumper to line up perfectly with J's fenders.

Needless to say, i was very happy with the Results!

-----

Noticed my car had been driving funny and a loud ticking noise was coming from the engine. I got a valve adjustment, but it seemed as if it didn't help.
My mechanic friends told me it could be that my valves had gone bad. Ive also been reading horror stories about ap1 retainers cracking so i opted to get
some head work done. I happened to find an ap2 (05) head for cheap and had a shop resurface/refinish and inspect it before install. When we pulled my head out (Ap1), this is what we saw.

After we installed the Ap2 head it was running smoother than ever, the ticking noise also went away!

-----

June 2015

I was fortunate enough to collect a few more parts. Right on time because i was told i would be able to attend & show at my first big show Wekfest 2015 SJ w/ PureViP

Mods:
- Voltex Style diffuser
- Voltex Type 2 wing w/ iParkHarder burnt ti stands (275mm)
- Toda header

Header (before)

Header (after)
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...siz9fgimu.jpeg

Installation went fairly smooth! Had to move a few things out of the way. I loved how the header burnt into a rose gold color.

Wekfest SJ 2015

-----

July 2015

I attended the 4th Norcal Mega Meet, it was hosted at Treasure Island in SF. It was a great turnout and i got some pretty good snaps as well thanks to oscar!

-----

August 2015

August rolled around and my buddy had talked me into attended RaceworZ hosted at Sacramento Raceway.

Mods:
- Pwd JDM intake w/ cooling plate

I wasn't planning on winning anything, but I'm glad i attended because i took home Best Honda at the event!

-----
Old 10-07-2015, 05:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Loving the camo wrap
Old 10-07-2015, 08:10 AM
IPB

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Such a detailed build list too!
Old 10-07-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

not this again...
Old 10-07-2015, 02:19 PM

Haha sorry guys just uploaded all the photos i wanted to last night i will have this thread up in a bit!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:49 PM

August 30, 2015

So my buddy Jeremy, told me that Honda has become a sponsor of IndyCar and that there was a rumor floating around that some of the Norcal members had dibs on driving around the IndyCar drivers on parade laps! I was super excited when i heard, because the rumors were TRUE!
We showed up at Sonoma Raceway that morning at around 7 am

I had the pleasure of driving Marco Andretti around the track!!

As things come to an end, i noticed my clutch making a weird noise on the way back heading home... Something like when you rub your feet/hands in a wet tub.
Halfway home driving on the freeway, i step in the clutch to change gears, but the clutch pedal sunk and stayed in. It wouldn't come back up!! My friends and I pulled over on the side of the freeway and called for a tow.

Two-Three weeks later we pulled out the transmission to check whats wrong with the clutch. This is what we saw...

I went ahead and ordered a new clutch. I went with the ACT PP + Oem clutch after coming across Moddiction's review about it! I am happy with the results so far!

-----

September 2015

I had signed up for my first track day at Thunderhill West. Unfortunately, I was only able to break in 350 miles or so before the event. The day went through smoothly. I had a lot of fun along with a couple of spinouts, but whats a track day without spinouts right?

Sorry i had no go pro or remembered to record lap times

-----

That leads us to today! October 2015

I just turned 21 yesterday (Oct. 6)! I took the wing off cause i was getting too much attention (this car is my daily ). I have much more planned for this car so stay tuned!!

------

Current Mod List

Exterior:
- Sorcery Front Bumper
- J's Racing F/R Fenders
- Voltex Type 2 Wing
- Voltex Style Diffuser

Engine:
- PWD JDM Intake w/ cooling plate
- Kraftwerks SC c38-91
- Championship Radiator w/ Mishimoto slim fans
- Toda header
- Ballade sports TCT
- Berk 70mm TP
- Greddy SE Dual
- LHT Master cylinder brace

Wheels & Suspension
- Te37SL
17x9 +22

P.S for a quicker update follow my IG: Bran_S2K
Old 10-07-2015, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks awesome man, nice build!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Car looks great! Where did you get the voltex style diffuser? It looks like the real deal
Old 10-08-2015, 12:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car looks great so far
Old 10-08-2015, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by vietz0r
Car looks great! Where did you get the voltex style diffuser? It looks like the real deal
Thanks! i don't know what brand it is, i got it from a friend

Quick Reply: Bran_S2K Build Thread!