Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Cars and Coffee Charlotte needs Help!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cars and Coffee Charlotte needs Help!

Here is an email that is being passed around trying to get some help for Cars and Coffee Charlotte. The letter pretty much spells out the situation we are all in for this great event. If you know of anyone that can help or offer assistance please post up. This is an event that we have all participated in over the years and would be sad to see it go away.

I appreciate you looking!! Take care!

Deiger

Just a reminder that C&C is this weekend from the scheduling change from last week. It looks as if we may be foiled again with rain because there is a 90% chance of rain Saturday morning!
If for some chance this Saturday it does not rain we will have to provide porta potties because Mattie's closed its doors last week and we do not have access to facilities.

As many of you know the NC Music Factory has been a gracious host to us for the last 3 years but with an economic development opportunity that has been looming for years is now taking place. The management has decided to build two office buildings on lot #1 which will begin Nov 1st.

We have been looking for a new place to host C&C but as many of you know the logistics as well as the liability concerns is a lot for someone to consider. I am reaching out to ask your help if you know of a location in the Greater Charlotte area that may accommodate us. Keep in mind we currently have access to 1200 spaces at the NC Factory in the main lot and we pretty much us about 700 of those spaces. Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Stay tuned we are trying very hard to save what we have built as a staple in the Charlotte car community over the past 7 years. It is not a matter of if but a of when we will find a new home.

thank you,

Michael
Old 10-11-2015, 05:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I could help! I have yet to go to one but would like to start going regularly and don't want to see it go away.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:20 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't say I know of a place that would host it for free.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:16 AM

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Wow! 700 spaces !!! Nice meet!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:00 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I'd think Southpark Mall has the space, provided it is okay with the liability. I'd imagine a Saturday morning event may be a boon or hassle, depending on the mall's current traffic.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Are there any major movie theater complexes that would entertain the idea, the way Raleigh does theirs?
Old 10-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TPhong
Are there any major movie theater complexes that would entertain the idea, the way Raleigh does theirs?
Has anyone heard the latest on this? A movie theater parking lot would be pretty solid. I don't have any connections though..
Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
I'd think Southpark Mall has the space, provided it is okay with the liability. I'd imagine a Saturday morning event may be a boon or hassle, depending on the mall's current traffic.
The yuppies in South Park would have nothing to do with us, I'm sure of it. That's one reason it ended in North Lake back before the Music Factory.

Regal Stonecrest used to have a larger scale meet on weekend nights way back when, but those were all broken up due to street racing. Same with the UNCC parking deck meets though those have gotten back together in recent years. Buffalo Wild Wings in Matthews off 74 and Sardis Rd North still hosts a meet on Thursday nights I think.... There is a large lot in the same complex as them that is shared by a big gym, a furniture store, and a few other things. Maybe the movie theater on South Blvd right at 485... I saw they hosted a classic car show a few weeks back.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Really sad to hear this about the Music Factory. It was absolutely the perfect spot for us.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

What about one of the paved lots at Charlotte Motor Speedway (z-Max) or Concord Mills?

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee Charlotte needs Help!