South Florida Owners from South Florida

Rookie looking for Track info/knowledge

Old 10-12-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie looking for Track info/knowledge

Greetings all, I reside in Miami and have had my s2000 for 5 months now and feel like the "track life" may just be something I would love to get into. Never tracked any vehicle before nor do I have a fully track built S2000 but was wondering what some recommended classes or online videos I should check out to better acquaint myself with this whole new world. Also is anyone aware of any tracks that have reasonably priced Hot-Lapping or other unofficial track days/nights that I can go check out? Thanks!
Old 10-12-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

http://www.meetup.com/trackweekend/
http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.co...-Calendar.aspx
That FARA event in November will be cool because between regular jerk offs like us running HPDE there will be wheel to wheel racing.
I dont know about any "unofficial" track events. For the most part try and stick to the main stream groups. Instructors and organization are better and give you a less sketchy feeling. Is your car N/A?

What do you think of all the track content we regularly post in Florida forums? Theres lots of info here. Some of us are stock/race, new/old, fast/ slow, good/Ricky.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leave your car stock for now until you feel you are outgrowing it. Don't get all wound up in all the suspension and power mods. Learn to drive the car on the track first then upgrade later. An easy mod you can do is just tires.

Also, you should start with Auto-x and then go from there. It's a more affordable way to started.

I haven't any here in FL but I have done some up north. It is fun and a pricey hobby to get into. But either way you will enjoy your car much more. It sure as hell beats hard parking at meets lol
Old 10-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Dead Serious
http://www.meetup.com/trackweekend/
http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.co...-Calendar.aspx
That FARA event in November will be cool because between regular jerk offs like us running HPDE there will be wheel to wheel racing.
I dont know about any "unofficial" track events. For the most part try and stick to the main stream groups. Instructors and organization are better and give you a less sketchy feeling. Is your car N/A?

What do you think of all the track content we regularly post in Florida forums? Theres lots of info here. Some of us are stock/race, new/old, fast/ slow, good/Ricky.
FARA is actually a pretty awesome deal for HPDE drivers because the HPDE groups usually have a max of 4-5 cars on track at a time, and if you're just doing the beginner day (instructors only work on Saturday and drive free Saturday and Sunday) it's pretty cheap. Also, you are NOT sharing the track with actual race cars; the academy run groups have 2 hours and 1.5 hours to themselves on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. The head instructor is Victor Leo, who I'm good friends with and will more than likely be able to get you a deal on track time. The instructors are the same guys that run NASA and HOD, only they're down south at FARA because they're racing. Guys like Victor, Albert Lazo (Apex Alignment), Mark Gibbons, etc are all available for instruction. It's pretty neat. And f@#k you Jeff, lol.

Abir, shoot me a PM here or on FB and I can help you get set up with whichever group is right for you.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

good/Ricky.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:02 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

What is the FARA event?

I am about to sign up for the HOD event on Dec. 19th.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:48 PM

I think im doin both cause I have a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLGai7inn0Y
Old 10-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by slowd16
Originally Posted by Dead Serious' timestamp='1444687132' post='23773557
good/Ricky.
Everyone but you and Jeff gets free track time now.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:14 PM

This is escalating into an event thread.....what happened to the OP?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Community Organizer

This is escalating into an event thread.....what happened to the OP?
Sold his car.

Quick Reply: Rookie looking for Track info/knowledge