Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

To any local software developers working on Forza 6

Old 10-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts
Default To any local software developers working on Forza 6

Can I put in a request to have "The Ridge" included into the game? Id actually buy the system then and probably invest in a custom driving simulator for off season practice/fun. Considering the game/system development and Ridge are local, im not sure why it isnt currently, or could be included later? Would be awesome if it was!
Old 10-19-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really doubt that will happen, unfortunately. The track doesn't have the national/international recognition to justify the development time on a big budget title like Forza/GT, where they send a full team out with equipment to look at every detail of the track. At one point during the GT6 development, Sony hinted they would include a track builder feature, but it never came to life.

You might have better luck with Assetto Corsa or rFactor, people homebrew tracks on there pretty regularly.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Community Organizer

I see... well damn! Thanks for the feedback, makes sense I guess.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:31 AM

If you go the AC/rF route let me know. I am severely disappointed with the GT franchise right now.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Community Organizer

Sure, will do.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been a fan since FM2 and played FM4 for years, but I couldn't justify buying an xbone just for 5. However, I bought an xbone (forza edition) just for FM6 but I ended up returning it a few days later simply because of the lack of end game content, it is as stale as all the other Forza Motorsports. There are no incentives to keep playing once you get a crap ton of credits. Sure the new weather effects are cool, Spa is an awesome track, but the 24-car multiplayer was a complete shit show. I was sick of getting my ass rear ended every single corner. However, Turn10 is on the right track with this game and it has huge potential for expansion. They need to communicate more with the players and capitalize on their decisions because I think we as the players have better ideas than their management. When the prices drop on xbones and the LE edition Forza 6 edition comes out with all the DLC included, I will think about buying it again. But as for right now, it's not worth the price of a new console as well.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Junky just buy my Xbone.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sse2k
Really doubt that will happen, unfortunately. The track doesn't have the national/international recognition to justify the development time on a big budget title like Forza/GT, where they send a full team out with equipment to look at every detail of the track. At one point during the GT6 development, Sony hinted they would include a track builder feature, but it never came to life.

You might have better luck with Assetto Corsa or rFactor, people homebrew tracks on there pretty regularly.
why not? they have a lot of random off the wall tracks that nobody's ever heard of, along with fake (as in don't exist in real life) tracks... and the Ridge is actually getting some recognition nationally. And the fact that its the local track to Turn 10 might help sell it.

OP
Dan Greenawalt is the guy you want to get at. If you want to pursue this any you could prolly get in contact with him through twitter or linkedin. He also used to post in the NW forum of 6speedonline.com, but that community kinda went down hill so I don't know if he's still on there.
https://twitter.com/dan_greenawalt?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dangre

if you succeed there's a chance you could get someone's car in the game too if someone has a really nicely modified one...
Old 10-23-2015, 03:22 PM

I'll believe it when I see the data-gathering crew out there.

My point is, they are only going to invest the time and money into this if it makes financial sense. We are in between releases now with FM6 already out. If it's getting the national recognition you say (and I hope it is), whoever wants to take point on this should talk to Sony to get into the GT7 development.

Talk to the ridge owners too. It makes good business sense for them to be promoting their property.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

well maybe not for FM6, but they're always working on the next one... so maybe FM7? I'm not saying he can get this done for sure, but I think there's an ok chance for it to happen

but they have added tracks as DLC in previous games, so it might appear in FM6. I know I'll be getting an xbone if they make it

Quick Reply: To any local software developers working on Forza 6