Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Increase in theft events

Old 10-26-2015, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Increase in theft events

Hi Everyone,

Ive been rather quiet about it, but about 3 weeks ago my car was a victim of theft. Scumbags tried to steal my hardtop off the car while i was in the work parking lot. they clearly knew what they were after as they unplugged my defroster harness before taking the parts off the car. In order to break in they blew out the lock cylinder/door handle with a screw driver.

then, yesterday a friend of a friend had his top slashed and seats stolen. Im not sure if theirs any correlation or something but it seems like there's a rise in events.

The details around my incident were a dark mid 90's jeep with two assailants in it plate starts with "AUN" and a mid 90's gold nissan maxima as some kind of "support" vehicle to these clowns, with an unknown number of passengers.

in the event you hear anything that corresponds please let me know via PM and ill forward it to the Tukwila police Detective working my case.

PS: the scumbags that tried to steal my hardtop left their jeep's spare tire behind because the top wouldn't fit in the back with the jeep. Clearly my incident was a crime of opportunity.

PPS: if you are reading this and want your tire back...hit me up. I got some 12ga frangible buckshot id like to test out on your chest cavity/future wall trophy.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Ugh. So did they get your top or did they leave it when it wouldn't fit? Even more reason for my car to stay in my garage under lock and surveillance. That really sucks I hope they find the thieves.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:19 AM

it fell out of the jeep as they were making their getaway. the top got annihilated.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

UGHHHHHHHHH not sure what is worse. What scum.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang that sucks. Someone hit the front side of the SUV recently and didn't leave a note, glad it wasn't the S!
Theft this time of of the year seems much higher with the holidays right around the corner, in addition to carelessness, wrecks, vandalism, etc.
Makes me want to drive the S more sparingly this time of the year (also as the weather is turning), always trying to be mindful of the parking situation. Many of us do not have that option, I am lucky to be borrowing the parent's SUV (now becoming a bit more of a "beater" which has always sucked up gas). Having the S makes me really want to purchase a daily driver.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Work parking lot.. Was this at the main Boeing Everett plant?
Old 10-26-2015, 06:53 PM

no. i dont work in everett.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:04 PM

Sorry to hear about this. We've had 3 of our cars stolen when I lived in Kent. Glad I don't live there anymore.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:01 PM

This is horrible news man.. Those guys sound like f@#king idiots & will probably go looking for another one to steal since they didn't make out with yours. Glad that I am going to be putting my S away here soon & using my POS accord as my DD. Others should also start thinking about that if they have an alternate vehicle. Going to be getting darker soon with daylight savings around the corner.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:02 AM

Blowgun darts dipped in dogshit sound better than buckshot for these a$$holes

Quick Reply: Increase in theft events