UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Will modifications de value my car?

Old 11-24-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will modifications de value my car?

I've owned my S2000 for almost 1 year now and I'm considering some modifications such as exhaust, front lip, a Remap and potentially a small spoiler.
Although I am hesitant with the supposed price rise of 'untouched' s2000's and feel I could regret this.
I know no one modifies a car to increase the value but just some thoughts on the issue would be helpful.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mod it, keep oem parts, return to stock when selling.

Good luck remapping the oem ecu

BMWchop eBay spoiler is good, basically factory extra. Hard pushed to find s2k in UK without one too! Oem front lip and oem spoiler will be good for resales.

Huh?
Old 11-24-2015, 12:49 PM

Ah thanks for the recommendations! That's okay I wasn't planning on remapping the existing, I was looking at a Hondata ecu
Yeah I've already changed my induction kit but kept the stock one so I can swap it back, although some things wouldn't be as easily reversible!
Old 11-24-2015, 01:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As above, OEM lips and spoilers will probably increase the value slightly. Simple breathing mods like exhaust and intake are easily reversible if you keep the original parts so why not!

Went through the same thought process when I bought mine about a year ago but gave in to temptation. Once you get bit by the bug that's it...
Old 11-24-2015, 01:31 PM

I thought I may have recognised your car eddie! I saw your front lip on instagram which gave me the bug to get one! I commented on your picture asking where you purchased it haha
It's your fault I'm in this dilemma
Old 11-24-2015, 02:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Woops didn't realise it was you Tom haha. Sorry to put you in such a dilemma, you will have to get one now!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a slippery slope my friend, it starts with a few OEM adders, then Wheels cuz you can always go back, and then coilovers cuz you can always go back, and you need a new exhaust to make it sound a little better, hey you can always go back. Then you want some wider wheels and hey I really want that the BBK and then you are pulling fenders, just a little. And then with all those mods you want that turbo kit cuz you really hate that Mustang down the street and you sell all your OEM parts for money to buy that turbo.
Then you wake up one morning and you do not even recognize your car.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaGou
It is a slippery slope my friend, it starts with a few OEM adders, then Wheels cuz you can always go back, and then coilovers cuz you can always go back, and you need a new exhaust to make it sound a little better, hey you can always go back. Then you want some wider wheels and hey I really want that the BBK and then you are pulling fenders, just a little. And then with all those mods you want that turbo kit cuz you really hate that Mustang down the street and you sell all your OEM parts for money to buy that turbo.
Then you wake up one morning and you do not even recognize your car.
Soooooo true,my car has morphed into an ugly none descript
Old 11-24-2015, 10:41 PM

Mod away my friend. Don't worry about resale value as you won't want to get rid of it anyway!
Old 11-24-2015, 10:43 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Do some reading on Hondata - if you have a cable throttle you'll need to change a lot of other stuff too - cam trigger wheels etc

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...ndata-install/

Quick Reply: Will modifications de value my car?