UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Newbie with a couple of questions

Old 11-28-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie with a couple of questions

Evening all,

New-ish S2000 owner here, like many people i've wanted one for years and was finally able to get one in September. It's a 06 GT in moonrock grey and i'm absolutely loving it, i'd post a picture but it's filthy and dark at the moment. I joined owners club quite a while back to read up on what to look for when buying one, and i have to say this place is fantastic source for info, i've now become a fully paid up member and am looking to forward becoming part of the community and going to some meets in the future.

Anyway, i've got a couple of questions, the first regarding the full beam bulbs. I decided i wanted some brighter bulbs as i wasn't happy with the ones the car came with, there weren't terrible but compared the xenons the looked a bit crap. I bought some philips x-treme vision bulbs but i was a bit disappointed with them as they didn't seem to be any brighter than the generic bulbs the car came with. I then bought some LED bulbs from britelightleds.co.uk, i wasn't sure about the legality of them but i thought i'd fit them and see how bright they were. Annoyingly, they don't fit as there way too big so i'm returning them. Does anybody know if they are legal and if so, which are the best one's to use.

Next question is about the cml light. It decided to come the other day as i was leaving work, i need to get a code reader, any recommendations?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 243 Likes on 209 Posts

Not an expert but I reckon no standard/updated bulb will be as bright as the dip as they are hid and superior design, Sorry but I know nowt about the cml light?
Old 11-30-2015, 03:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doomer21
Evening all,

New-ish S2000 owner here, like many people i've wanted one for years and was finally able to get one in September. It's a 06 GT in moonrock grey and i'm absolutely loving it, i'd post a picture but it's filthy and dark at the moment. I joined owners club quite a while back to read up on what to look for when buying one, and i have to say this place is fantastic source for info, i've now become a fully paid up member and am looking to forward becoming part of the community and going to some meets in the future.

Anyway, i've got a couple of questions, the first regarding the full beam bulbs. I decided i wanted some brighter bulbs as i wasn't happy with the ones the car came with, there weren't terrible but compared the xenons the looked a bit crap. I bought some philips x-treme vision bulbs but i was a bit disappointed with them as they didn't seem to be any brighter than the generic bulbs the car came with. I then bought some LED bulbs from britelightleds.co.uk, i wasn't sure about the legality of them but i thought i'd fit them and see how bright they were. Annoyingly, they don't fit as there way too big so i'm returning them. Does anybody know if they are legal and if so, which are the best one's to use.

Next question is about the cml light. It decided to come the other day as i was leaving work, i need to get a code reader, any recommendations?

Thanks

Hi

What you need is some Philips 100w Rallye bulbs,

Dave