Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Seats were stolen

Old 12-27-2015, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats were stolen

A few weeks ago my top was cut and seats were stolen. It happened right out in my driveway. The seats were black and in mint condition. Only 30,0000 miles on the car. I left for vacation a couple of days later so I'm just now starting to look it all over and want to put it back together. I talked to Honda and they told me that they don't sell new seats anymore but do sell all of the parts to put seats together. The problem is they want over $8000 for the pair. I found a set on craigslist that he said were from a 2008. I figured they would work but it turns out the plugs for the airbags sensors are different. I'm going to have to see if I can buy the right plugs and rewire them. Right now the airbag light on the dash is on. The thieves also cut my passenger seat belt. Just found that out when I was putting the seats back in.

I haven't had a car broken into in years and foolishly thought I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

So I'm thinking of getting a hardtop for now and worry about replacing the soft top before summer. If anyone has a hardtop they want to sell and a passenger seatbelt let me know.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:25 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

The 08 seats won't bolt into a 00-05 on the passengers side because the floor is different. Also a garage is a better investment than a hardtop.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear this happened. Like Manga said, a garage is the first mod you should consider for this car.

Are you running this through your insurance?
Old 12-27-2015, 10:41 AM

A garage would be the best I agree. With this house it isn't an option. The funny thing is I had ordered a security camera system a week before and it was delivered 2 days after this happened. Now with the cameras, a new alarm installed and some updated lighting I'm hoping it will be enough to detour a would be thief. I know it won't stop a determined thief but it will help.

My car is a 2007 so the 2008 seats bolted right in but like I said the plugs were different.

I am going through insurance. They are being very accommodating and everything is going smoothly.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:09 AM

My house currently does not have a garage either but I rent one about a mile away just to keep my car safe. Makes me feel better than risking street parking.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:35 AM

good deal with the insurance. let them handle it man. this is stressful and shitty. and dont forget you pay someone every month to take care of stuff like this.

Best advice i can give (having recently gone through something somewhat similar), sit back, relax, let the insurance agent take care of it and if you have ANY problems, sick the insurance company on them. Also make sure you use a PREFERRED shop recommended by your insurance provider. If theres a problem at the shop and they are affiliated with the insurance provider, they straighten up real nice and fast.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:04 PM

Just picked up a fiberglass Mugen hardtop today. Fitment is no where near as good as the OEM hardtop I had on my 2003 a few years back. I will have to mess around with the adjustment on this one. Does anyone know if you can mount OEM rear latches to the Mugen hardtop. I already have the OEM side catches and brushes on the car. I like how they pull the hardtop down nice and tight and its a lot quicker to remove.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:49 AM

Hey Buddy, don't know if you still need a passenger seat belt but I have one. Shoot me a text 2064149170 or send me a pm if you still need it. Sorry to hear that happened.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:34 PM

f@#king scumbags... Hate hearing about stuff like this. I'm picking up a Springfield XD Mod.2 9mm here pretty soon. Like others have already suggested, if you don't have a garage, look into renting a storage/garage unit & store your S there if you can.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:18 AM

2008 seats should plug right into 2007. There are small differences in the 08/09 and 06/07 seats. The difference is the leather material and bolsters size. Mechanically and structurally they are identical. Magnaspawn must have misread when he thought your car was 00-05. He was also incorrect when saying you can't install a passenger side seat due to the floor being different. All you need to do is swap the passenger side rail, buckles and weight sensor over. It's a very simple process.

I have a set of 00-05 seats and 06-07 seats, all in GREAT shape with minimal to no wear (black in color). I also have a passenger seatbelt. Don't claim this through insurance, as they may salvage/total the car. With a s2000 only at 30k miles, claiming something like this will decrease their overall value of the car. I recommend buying the parts and installing them yourself. If you don't have time, I can point you in the direction of a good/reputable shop to do the install for you. Pm me if you need any help or have questions. Sorry to hear about the damages.

Quick Reply: Seats were stolen