UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

OEM Front Lip

Old 12-30-2015, 05:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OEM Front Lip

I've always liked the look of these...Now I'm not so sure (I pined for one when I first bought my Moonrock 5 years ago).

Do you prefer the front end look with or without?

My car is about to get a full front end respray so now's the time to bite the bullet if there was ever a right time.

What's it like for car parks and speed bumps?

They're certainly not cheap
Old 12-30-2015, 07:01 AM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Think if your going that route,it needs hole package ie trunk spoiler and spats.

Prefer without, as don't like trunk spoilers..
Old 12-30-2015, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am in the same situation, but like the cleaner look of the rear without any spoilers.

I note that Honda dealers always insisted on installing both the front lip and rear spoiler as a package.

Was this due to having only one would cause an aero imbalance (highly unlikely) or was it simply to boost sales, and maximise profit?
Old 12-30-2015, 08:01 AM

I've got the OEM front lip at standard ride height and not managed to scrap once, I do prefer the look as well.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lankan
I too am in the same situation, but like the cleaner look of the rear without any spoilers.

I note that Honda dealers always insisted on installing both the front lip and rear spoiler as a package.

Was this due to having only one would cause an aero imbalance (highly unlikely) or was it simply to boost sales, and maximise profit?
Surely its to maximise profit?
Old 12-30-2015, 08:55 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Lankan

They claimed aero stability, but that was most likely
Old 12-30-2015, 09:42 AM

Would the lip look odd without the spoiler?

Also is the OEM spoiler identical to the BMWCHOP copy on fleebay? I'm guessing materials differ massively?
Old 12-30-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Running at stock ride height, you'll have no problem with the front OEM spoiler. I'm running it with an additional lip with no bother.

Oh yes and brace yourself for the extra downforce!!
Old 12-30-2015, 12:22 PM

Exact same position...My 06 Silverstone came with the rear lip.... but no front lip. I immediatley bought a cheap knock off, from fleabay... but have not fitted it...mainly because of the bodywork line at the bottom of the side panels..that feeds into the front bumper...that gets lost when you add the front lip...also I'm on coilovers and it'll scrape most probably...also I like a clean look... oh and also..this, I want this:

Old 12-30-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the front lip, rear spoiler and side spats and in my opinion they make the car look much better. The front looks much more aggressive and I have added a front splitter/lip to protect it. I am lowered on coilovers and don't really have any problems with speeds bumps or kerbs..

Quick Reply: OEM Front Lip